Thursday, December 30, 2021

12/29/21 Half-Ass or Racists?

     We went and ate at Cracker Barrel yesterday and I can't say I was impressed with the service, either in the host or the waitress.  We went around 3:00pm and the restaurant was almost empty.  I would say there were about 5-6 other families eating, yet when we went to the hostess to ask for a table, she said it would take 20 minutes.  Is that just the standard time everyone waits, regardless of how empty or full the place is?  I wasn't happy, but I guess it gives you time to look around their little "store", so it isn't the worst place to have to wait.  After about 10-15 minutes, the lady called us and took us to our table.  I was immediately bothered by the table choice.  Again, the place was near empty, in the section we were seated, there are probably 12-15 tables, with the 3-4 big tables in the middle of the room.  Those seat 6 people, while all the tables along the wall seat 4 people.  Technically, we were four people, Wife, Mom, Baby A, and me.  The reality is that we are all big people and with the table against the wall and then the table backing up to a small wall behind where I sat, meant we were crowded.  Now, if the restaurant was packed, I would have made it work by shifting away from the wall and pulling the table more centered between all of us, but being that there were 3 large empty tables in the middle of the room, one of them being taken up by a family of (hate to say, but a white family of four with a baby), and I couldn't see why we couldn't sit on one of these big tables.

    Baby A is always embarrassed when I call attention to anything, but I got up and was ready to get loud saying to the waitress "hey, I'm a fat cow, we don't fit in this tiny table, can we just sit in one of the big tables?"  She was half asleep, half coma, but somehow moving, was all of a sudden "sure, sure, sit wherever..."  We moved and I was instantly so much more comfortable, although Mijo was not happy I had made a stir.  We then sat for 5-10 minutes, and we had gotten our drinks but there was no sign of the biscuits and cornbread, so we said something.  The waitress acted like they were coming, but Mom and I wondered, "would they have come if we hadn't asked?"  She brought a plate out a few minutes later, but we didn't get the jellies that always come out with them.  I didn't feel like being a pain in the ass yet again, so I was left just thinking "was she being racist or was she just bad at her job?"  Yeah, you could defend her and say she was busy, but she was dealing with maybe two other tables in that area.  If that is too much, how does she react when the restaurant is full?

    I'm not going to lie, the food itself was good, even the biscuits with just butter were good and fresh, I just don't like that the rare times we try to go out to eat nowadays, the restaurants all seem short of workers.  These fucks have had it too easy since Covid started, not talking about this waitress, but more in general.  Wife and I never missed a day of work, so sorry, but I don't feel bad for thinking everyone should still be reporting to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment