Thursday, December 30, 2021

12/28/21 Shit People At It Again?

     We are now experiencing life as the liberals would have it, celebrating career criminals and their activities, hoping they will turn things around on their own.  It seems the world has gone crazy to think that way, yet here we are.  Between Covid19 and the shutdowns and George Floyd, we have seen a lot of things change and not for the better.  Society claps and cheers along for the destruction of downtown areas (at least when BLM is in charge), these same people seem to not notice when particular high-end stores are targeted by crowds of rambunctious kids and everything is stolen, shit even our neighborhoods aren't safe as the stealing of catalytic converters has become a regular past time for these Shit people.

    I just wrote yesterday about my own catalytic converter stolen from my beloved Excursion, and now I get the honor of talking about a burglary at my local mall.  About a week ago, at the height of Christmas shopping, a group of thugs went and broke into Helzberg Diamonds at Barton Creek Mall.  Without going and seeing what had happened, I knew that if they only hit one display, it would be where the Rolex watches were displayed.  On any given day, they would have 7-10 used Rolex watches which still sell for even more than what they would cost new.  This proves to be too much temptation, and trash people who don't believe in working for stuff, find it more convenient to just risk their lives and steal.

    It bothered me more because I know one of the ladies who works there, she was a sales lady at Ben Bridge and when it closed down, she transferred over.  I went and asked her if she was ok and if she had been working that night.  She said she had gotten out about an hour before, but most of the other people working there were on shift and are still pretty shook up.  Austin hasn't been a place of violent activity and the thought that we turn into a Houston just makes me think even more about just moving away.

    The people that commit these crimes don't realize the damage they do, but these little smash and grabs leave a bad taste in the mouth.  In the same way that a couple of shoot-outs downtown leave me with zero interest in going walking downtown, also leave me with even less of a want to go shopping at the mall.  What happens when enough people get scared away and refuse to go to the mall?  I am already very wary of wearing my nice watches, last thing I want to do is become a victim.  Why would I want to build a big watch collection or give a nice watch to my boys and accidentally open them up to get attacked?  This type of shit just makes a brand like Rolex become the criminal's brand, and if that is all that is going to happen, then I guess I should just switch to other less popular brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment