Monday, December 27, 2021

12/26/21 Wife Thinks I Should Acknowledge Our Anniversary?

     I was telling Wife I couldn't think of anything to write about, we haven't been doing much, and she did the little "harumph, you should write about our anniversary..." (like some chick in her 20s).  I guess I can.  What's to say?  We met back in 1987, I fell for her back while we were both in band in high school (I was a junior and she was a freshman), and we have been together ever since.  Wife was always a bright star, even as a freshman, and she caught my attention.  She had a burning fire for a soul which made her more than the people around her and has been the only person I felt could keep up with me, not to mention, she was pretty hot back in her tight pant days.

    I don't make a big deal about our anniversary, precisely because she has never wanted to be like that.  She doesn't like gifts, so I can't celebrate the moment with a nice watch, or ring, she barely wears any jewelry.  I couldn't possibly buy her clothes, purses, shoes, it won't be the right ones or fit her right.  Being that we got married on Christmas Day or Eve, neither one of us is sure which one, we just kind of go with the flow and enjoy the moment.  We are with our boys and family is usually within a stone's throw, so we are where we want to be.  

    I love that we both come from similar backgrounds in that we both believe hard work is the only way to get what you want out of life.  We have both instilled this in our boys and we can see them work hard to achieve their goals, and they are seeing positive results by believing in what we preach.  Boy has had to work doubly hard to become an engineer with his dyslexia, but we have never told him or led him to believe he can't do it, and now, there he is, with one of the largest companies here in town, getting it done.  Baby A is also on track, first getting recognition on the field (2nd team All District honors, 2 years in a row) and on track to get his associates degree by the time he graduates high school.

    I can only hope for another 35 years with this wonderful woman to keep me on my toes and challenge me every day to be the best person I can be.  Yes, she can seem like a pain in the ass because she never stops, but then again, that is how the great ones are.  She finds new ways to keep it going and make it interesting.  Maybe she won't ever buy into the idea of me becoming a pilot and us owning our own plane, but I know she is all for us buying a small waterfront property to enjoy some nice sunsets overlooking some open water one day.  I love you, Woman, Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment