Monday, December 9, 2019

12/9/19 Friday Was A Rare Day? (Part 1)

    After all that big scare, and even though I was up until 3:00pm, I still went to work at night on about four hours sleep.  The night drug on and I'm not sure it was a very productive night, but I do what I can.  In the morning, Wife wanted to go eat breakfast tacos at Bill Miller.  I got home around 8:30, maybe closer to 9:00am.  We went to have our tacos which is always nice when we can eat together and not be in a rush.  After we got done, I thought we were going home, but she had eyeballed a Jeep at the VW dealership and wanted to know how much it was.  I do love looking at stuff, so we headed over there.
    A kid came out and said the Jeep was close to $40,000, it was a 2019 and had hardly any miles.  I said "ehh, that is too much."  We then a saw a little Toyota truck that was 4x4, it looked perfect for Javalina, kind of husky and compact and in a baby blue flat color that Toyota has been using lately.  It was $36,000.  I really liked it, but again that was too much.  Then I saw a Chevy Colorado, which is a midsized truck, but he said it was a Z2, which I guess means like Lariat to Ford because it was loaded, according to the guy.  It was sharp and impressive, with fat tires and lifted just a little bit.  We test drove this one, thinking after he said the price was $32,000, if they could knock a little more off the price, we could maybe go for it.  He brought back paperwork and it had a spreadsheet, and even with $3000, we would be looking at a payment well over $650 or so.  That is way more than I want to spend on a Used vehicle, much less for an inexperienced driver.
    I then did a double take on the Fiat 500 sitting out there.  It was $15,999.  We went to see it and I was surprised to see it was loaded, including the ignition by remote, leather seats, all black, including the rims, heated seats and steering wheel.  It was really nice and drove better than expected.  What impressed me most was that Wife and I both fit in the front without touching elbows and I had to scoot the seat forward to reach the pedals.  Their prices may be just a little too ridiculous, because even at this price point and with $3000 down, we were still looking at 60 months at around $340.  We left figuring we can play hardball since we have nothing to lose, we didn't go in there looking for a Fiat.
    We finally got home and Sweetie was there.  She came down and was chit chatting with Wife for a while then I told her about my day before that I was almost dead.  She then mentioned Boy's demonstration day at the university.  All the engineering students were displaying the projects they have been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment