Thursday, December 26, 2019

12/26/19 Christmas Eve Was Kind Of A Bummer?

    I can't say this Christmas Eve was great, maybe restful and peaceful, at best.  Javalina spent the day sleeping and throwing up after overexerting himself when he went out for a run the day before.  It made no sense, he went out running, didn't eat anything, but then he felt nauseas and he threw up.  We had left him while we went for a couple last minute gifts, then came to get him to go eat and he did not look well.  The day before he drank some questionable milk and I got kind of mad at him if he had done it again, asking him how "dumb are you?  It is one thing to risk it with milk 1 day past expiration but 2 or 3 and you are asking for it."  He swears he didn't but something took him out hard.
    Boy had made plans to spend Christmas Eve at the girlfriend's house with her family, so they left about sundown and didn't come back until about 1:30am.  They teased me that they would be running around in two and four seater ATVs, but the uncle did not take them, so that did not happen.  They were still at a party as we saw on Snapchat, there were over 20-30 people over there.
    We did some last minute shopping, managed to go to Cabela's for some fishing gear, Javalina and I have been talking about getting into it but starting out slowly on a pier or from the edge of a river or lake.  I bought a pack of hooks and some plastic worms and weights and silver spoons which mimic minnows fluttering by.
    I did not mind being home by ourselves.  We cooked a ham and even though I fell asleep around 6:30pm, we had eaten some Chick-Fil-A's before coming home, so I was fed and nap ready.  I finally woke up around 10:00pm, and Wife and I finally ate some of that ham on sandwiches, which is the best way to eat it.  The slices were super thick and the ham was delicious.  I felt so fat, but I told Wife I was going to go stretch out on the bed in the guest room and went right back to sleep.  We were kind of watching the John Wick marathon, so I kept waking up to bad guys getting killed all evening.
   Boy finally made it home after 1:00am and Wife said she was tired, we should prep for Santa so tat we can go upstairs and to bed.  It took me awhile to wake up fully to engage, but eventually we got the Santa delivery all set up in the living room.  At that point, we had nothing to do but go to bed.  Of course, Javalina started coming down after Wife went upstairs saying he was feeling much better and looking for something to eat.  I suggested a little ham, but wash your hands before you start touching everything.  I got up early, as usual, but the rest of the family didn't get up until after 9:00am to open up the Santa gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment