Tuesday, December 17, 2019

12/17/19 House Coming Back To Normal?

    At this moment I keep asking myself why I let others in?  We are just about done putting the pieces back where they go, as they used to be before we let Girlie move in.  I have been too accommodating and I need to stop.  The guest room upstairs was meant to be Boy's lab/work area and I thought it easy to relocate him downstairs.  The guest room downstairs is a lot smaller, now I can see that they have room to grow, maybe add another machine.  Everything was crammed in the smaller room, now he has room to grow.
    Javalina was affected too.  His closet has been the dumping ground for all the Halloween nick nacks and that has been more or less fine, but now that he is getting bigger and wearing different clothes, he needs more space to keep his clothes organized.  I need to take the rest of the stuff that doesn't belong in his closet and take it over to the guest room closet upstairs.
    All this is a slow process, I was also able to move some of the bins I had stuffed in my closet and some that I had hid in the new cabinets we put in our room.  As a result, I have an empty level to keep my overflow clothes, like warmups and bulky shirts hid and folded up.
    I work differently than Wife.  She has been pestering me to steam clean the house, now that the dog is gone.  I prefer to work one room at a time.  I was hoping to do more this weekend, but that did not happen.  We managed to clean up the room, move stuff back in, Boy and his friend moved their equipment back upstairs.  I organized the guest room downstairs, making things look normal, more or less.  I also had to clean the landing upstairs, move a big chair into our room and make room for it, sending a night stand downstairs to make the room, and then set up the Christmas tree.
    Wife has been heavily distracted, I am not even sure what she has/has not noticed going on.  She may think I am just sleeping the days away and that may be partly true, but I do make it a point that if I don't do something during the day, I try and do it at nighttime.
    I will say that I thought her recommendation to steam clean was silly and a waste of time actually did a world of difference on the carpet where the renters were.  That carpet looks half its age now.  At some point this coming year, if I can help it, I am ripping it out and going with some wood of some type, but that is going to be in baby steps, much like the way I like to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment