Monday, December 30, 2019

12/30/19 TIme Has Slowed Down Somehow?

    We are in the 2nd of our 2 weeks off and after surviving through Christmas, a visit to Crystal City, and some explosive diarrhea, things seem pretty relaxed now.  I am writing this on Monday evening, I guess it is technically still the 30th for another half hour or so.
    We started talking about going fishing sometime this week, but everything just moves at a slow weird time right now.  For starters, last night, I got up at 5:00am to go to the bathroom and came out of my room to look around if the boys were asleep, but no, they were both still awake.  Javalina was dinking around on his phone and Boy and Sweetie were in his room with the TV quite loud.  Knowing this, I can't then expect anybody to want to wake up when I do, at 8:00am to do anything productive or fun.  When Javalina finally came down for brunch, at around 1:00pm, I was messing around with a new but old fishing rod I had bought about three years ago that I never took out of the package.  It is a baitcaster and by far, the easiest type of rod and reel combos to learn on.  I set it up and put a weight on it, then went outside with Javalina and we tossed it towards the fence a couple of times to give him an idea of what to expect.
    Wife was cooking leftover Christmas ham with some leftover beans and eggs, so he then also suggested to go out and throw the frisbees in the greenbelt.  I suggested we go out into the open area away from all the houses as I remember being able to rip the frisbee a respectable distance.  He threw one first and he tossed it like he was afraid to hurt the plastic.  I set up and thought of the days back then throwing majestically from the top of a hill and watching the disc float for seconds before coming down.  Instead, I gave it my all, lost my balance spinning and before I knew it, I lost my balance and fell backwards, kind of tumbling and rolling down onto my ass and landing on my back.  I was actually laughing, embarrassed and moist, the ground was damp but soft.  The fall only hurt my ego and that damn disc flew at best 40 yards, I remember being able to throw at least 100 yards, ok, at least 80 yards, this was just embarrassing.  We threw a handful of times at the trees imitating what a basket looks like, then we went back inside.
    When Javalina asked if I would spot him lifting weights, I said yes, and then I took my turn.  I can't just become this fat cartoon who can't do anything, I need to get some muscles working again.  After bench pressing and some curls, I went to take a shower, I had wanted to run out to a fishing spot close by, but the day is short.  I have been needing to cut my hair, not wanting to start the new year all bushy, and then I thought we can't fish without our fishing licenses.  All we managed to do was I cut my hair, and we went and bought our fishing licenses good for the next year, good today through 12/31/2020.
    At least all the BS is out of the way.  We have fishing rods, hooks, lures, and our licenses.  If we choose to go tomorrow for a couple hours, we just need to throw some sodas and water bottles in a cooler and grab our stuff and load it in the car and go.  I am hoping this becomes a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment