Monday, December 16, 2019

12/16/19 An Evening With My Bro? (Part 2)

    I thought that was part of the problem, there were too many vendors selling crap not necessarily associated with the Trail of Lights.  There should have been a station or two selling shirts and stuff with the 2019 Trail of Lights mentioned somewhere, but all I saw was this generic trailers and tent set-ups selling the same Chinese crap you would find anywhere, goofy glasses, cheapy hats themed in like Pikachu or other kid friendly characters.  my nephew walked out with a recorder (plastic saxophone) and the one wit the different sizes of woods that sound off different pitches.  This was enough to keep him happy as we walked along.
    Along the trail, there were several cutoff points where you could enter areas where food trucks were selling their wares and man, were they packed.  I have to say last night was nearly a perfect night weather wise, we got there as the truck read 65 and slowly falling.  It was nice with a light sweater, but even without, amongst all the people, it would have been alright.  We didn't want to get in line, I thought my brother was kind of in a rush the way they were walking, but Boy and Sweetie decided to get some corn stuff, so Javalina and I got a bag of kettle corn and it was perfect, we hit the line right as it was empty and they had cocoa for him and I got a Sprite.  We then walked a little more and I saw a S'more station.  My brother bought the little bag for $5 which came with two marshmallows, four graham cracker "breads" and two small Hershey's, enough to make two S'mores.  My brother was trying to walk off, I am not sure if he had noticed the fire pits or just wanted to get on with walking, but Javalina was being weird and then he said he had never made a s'more, which I told him if he never had that I suck, so we got two packs and got to burning marshmallows.  This finally made me drop my guard and just enjoy what we were doing.  I told Javalina there is no wrong or right way, some people like a burning marshmallow and some only like to melt it, figure out wat you like and eat them, it's a delicious mess.  I saw that they had a water station to wash our hands and faces after, so that helped.
    The rest of the way was mostly my brother complaining that he was dying and him checking on me if I was alright, I was fine, just slowing down to enjoy the sights a bit.  It would have been much better if Wife had attended, but she was busy being the boss at her 1st Annual BBQ cook-off, which she said went really well.  That is all I got out of her, se was already asleep and exhausted from having gotten up at 3:00am to be at the location in La Pryor by 4:00am.  Sweetie took a couple of pictures of me with my boys, so that was cool.
    My brother seemed relieved when we made it out of the fenced park area and started heading to the car, joking with Javalina to carry him.  We had to take our sweaters off when we got to the Excursion because we were so warm from walking, but by then the temp was in the 50s.  We stopped and ate at Longhorn Steakhouse, where we all enjoyed a delicious steak or two, I argued that my steak was not a sirloin and I had ordered it medium well but it was dry and plain as hamburger, plus even both my boys laughed at my baby steak, so the waited got me a second steak, probably to shut me up.
    We got home probably by 11:00pm, the temperature was dropping into the 40s and walking into the house from the car, actually felt chilly, I guess our bodies had cooled off at the restaurant.  It was a fun night, overall.  My brother needs to chill and enjoy the goofy activities he chooses to do, I told him to remember that "these are the good old days."  He just kept walking like he was aiming for the finish line, which makes me think "what is the point if you can't have fun?"

No comments:

Post a Comment