Sunday, December 22, 2019

12/22/19 Taking A Giant Step For Boy?

    I do believe Boy is starting the transition to adulthood, at least I am happy they listened to us, for now.  Awhile back, Wife and I had the discussion about Boy being serious with Sweetie and it was inevitable that Boy would need to take the next step in life, living with her.  I had been adamant that I did not want them to rush into this.  I really want this done right, and if they are going to be together it should be for the right reasons and not convenience or "rent is cheaper if we split it."
    Rather than going there, we both thought it would be better if they lived here for a year or so, they both need a little more time to finish their respective schooling, even as Boy already has a good paying job starting here in January.  The plusses are pretty easy to see.  We offered them the guest room upstairs for Boy to move all his extra stuff and set up his 3D printers.  He now has two huge closets to store clothes and extra boxes of stuff.  During the week, it is like it their house as I am gone in the evening and Javalina is old enough to keep to himself.  The only thing I am outright making him pay right now is his car, gas card, and some credit debt he charged on my cards, all this totals $800 a month, I am thinking of adding another $200 for Sweetie to move in, nobody should ride life for free.  I don't have to go out and see how expensive things are, I saw DD leave and end up in Buda paying like $1,200and then Girlie and her BF are in Kyle paying like $1700 for a 3 bedroom.  Paying essentially $200 and being here in town, in a quiet, safe community is unheard of.
    So Boy finally asked me during the week what I thought about her possibly moving in.  I said "your mom and I already had discussed this and that would be fine."  I then had a chat with her about my expectations, basically my only rule is stay busy "I don't like people who don't have a plan.  I don't want to wake up every day and see you here just waiting for Boy,"  I said this because the semester ended a week ago and they are just kind of hanging out which is fine during the holidays, but not year round.  Then I added like Girlie, you can have as many girlfriends visit, that doesn't bother, but guys can fuck off, unless Boy is here.  In my experience, guys have an agenda and no good can come from hanging out with a guy alone.  If you need to do that, do it outside of this house, nothing to do with trusting you or not, but guys are after only one thing whether you believe it or not.
    I like this young lady more and more.  She can argue and defend herself, she is very sensitive with Boy (who apparently needs that soft touch, who knew?), my initial concerns that her emotions were a little sacharin-y seem to be real.  If she determines you're having a bad day, well, you need a hug, who does that?  At first the baby noises or weird noises they make to each other came across as BS to me, but a year in and they do it all the time, like repeating "hi!" "Hi!", "miss you", "miss you" if they take 2-3 steps apart from each other.  I want to smack both of them on the back of the head, cause it sounds like a tick, but I guess that is part of their charm.  If these little "ticks" are genuine, then I like her that much more.  We are not an expressive family, my side of the family, and although Wife claims to always be much more loving than us, she starts out the day with  a hearty No!, then she might listen and act human.
    Sweetie said she was not going to move in until Boy's room was cleaned up.  They took everything out of the closet yesterday, and had everything in small piles all over his room.  I love it is she can get that Boy living a cleaner more organized life, let's just give them some space and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment