Tuesday, December 3, 2019

12/3/19 Aspirin and Ibuprofen Shouldn't Be This Good?

    Yesterday I mentioned my neck pain and going to the Minute Clinic at CVS.  The nurse practitioner said it wasn't an ear infection or anything in my throat, like strep.  He said it was probably the left muscle on the front of my neck that I hurt some way or other.  More than likely, it was all the sleeping I did.  I about slept in every room of the house, from the kitchen table to the living room, to the toilet, if I'm going to be honest.  I think I have been catching up with my rest, but this pain was not helping.
    Like magic, I took acetaminophen, aspirin, which I don't put much faith in, and within an hour most of my pain was numbed down and feeling like I could live with it.  When the "doc" asked me where my pain was at the clinic I told him it was probably at around a 6-7.  I wasn't dying, but it was enough to get me to go to the clinic.  After a round of both aspirin and ibuprofen I was able to be at work and not really think about my neck, most of the night.
    I've been trying to keep it up, like we have told the boys, stay ahead of the pain and just take the pills before anything starts hurting.   I took some before I came into work, then as I was fixing to drive home for lunch, I had a bottle of each and I popped another 3 aspirin before lunch and 4 ibuprofens before coming back to work.  This was around 3:00am and as soon as I finish writing this, I am headed to my Excursion and taking another round of aspirin.
    I know that both will take care of a headache, but this pain seemed much more serious, yet the combo seems potent enough.  I am taking 4 ibuprofen because at 200mg, I need a little more because of my size.  I know aspirin can cause other problems, so I am not trying to abuse it, which is why I am only taking three of those at a time.  I also know I need to wait at least an hour or two between taking the different meds.  I'll keep posting on this, while the pain continues, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment