Thursday, December 19, 2019

12/19/19 Always A Pain In The Ass Before The Dawn?

    They say it is always darkest before the dawn and I get it.  Starting this week, I was 4 days from two weeks off from work.  It seems easy enough, but no.  Javalina has mid terms or whatever they are calling tests at this point.  Normally, it shouldn't bother me, but they have had early release all week, meaning I have to get up from my already crappy sleep routine and go pick him up at 1:00pm every day.  The only good thing I can say right now is that it is Wednesday night and I only have to do it one more time.
    To add just a little more flair to an already shitty week, one of our tools at work lost its controlling computer and they installed a very old one.  As a consequence, we are having to run this tool manually.  Normally, it is set up, we leave it alone and it gets our samples ready for us.  Now, we have to stay close and prompt each step by hand, or the samples sit there.  It could not have been more perfect.  One of my coworkers stayed late to do all the manual processing for a large 15 wafer job (most jobs are 3-5 wafers), she then set up the next part that is mostly automated and told me I shouldn't have to deal with it and by morning we will be that much ahead.  I thought great, then she left after she saw it start ok.  Well, the tool lost its mind and had to be restarted, I have been running it a couple wafers at a time, babysitting it along, as I didn't want to, not my coworkers fault, just one of those shitty situations of being alone at night.
    Wife came in tonight to pick up some Christmas gifts that Amazon said would be here by now (they didn't make it, of course), but Wife picked up food for us.  Normally Boy and Sweetie take care of their hunger needs, but tonight thinking I had a gyro waiting for me, I got home to find an empty package.  I ate an oatmeal pie for dinner, thanks boys.  This past weekend went by so fast with Wife gone all day Saturday and my brother visiting that we never went to the store, so we really have nothing to eat at the house.
    I know I am being dramatic, but I feel like in those silly movies where the plane is coming in for a landing and parts are just falling off but the plane continues, I just want to crash land, survive and start relaxing with my peeps.  At this point, the engine has fallen, the windows are gone, and we are just coasting on momentum.  If we can get to the break, I feel we can recuperate for another round in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment