Wednesday, December 25, 2019

12/25/19 Shopping For Everyone Else?

    I had the thought, funny to me, it must be a real swift kick to the balls of ole Jesus to see us stupid humans celebrating his existence and sacrifice by coming together on his supposed birthday and going apeshit buying all this unnecessary crap just to say "I love you."  Does anyone really think Jesus would say bless you my child for buying your kid video games where you do nothing but kill, kill, kill?  I am sure he would just give you a pat on the back after hearing you spent $50-90k on a Lexus SUV in their annual December to Remember because there is no more important person to give to in this season of caring than yourself or your spouse who has been suffering driving their old Lexus for 2-3 years.
    Of course we did as all the other Americans do and spent until it hurt.  I don't see the point of giving shitty gifts once a year, but the consequence of opting out of this carousel ride is more painful than just participating and then moving on.  I love my nephews and niece, but their parents do very well, us giving them a dinky toy or video game does very little, I am more than sure that by the end of the day they won't even know where the game is.  My niece already has a bank account that daddy feeds, even giving her $100 gift card for makeup is just an "oh, thanks."
    We were at the mall and I was trying to find matching sweaters and pants of those Nike or Under Armour outfits for the boys.  The cheaper ones were $45 for the jacket and $45 for the pants.  I found a set for two of my nephews then Wife came around and gave me a flat no!  I realized $90 is a little steep, but then what?  We ended up getting them video games at $30-$40 a piece.  It could add up if we had done $90 per almost 10 nephews on both sides.  It makes sense to spend more on the bigger ones, my niece got a gift over $100 but with makeup it still seems like not much.  Wife's older nephew we simply contributed $100 for his welder that he is trying to buy at like $700-$800.  The younger nephews all got gifts in the $30-$40 range.
    Boy easily got to $1000 between his Amazon list and some shoes I had been wanting to buy him, a couple of shirts so he looks nice starting his new job title when he goes back and Javalina is getting there.  He always seems to have a harder time asking for stuff, I told him to go crazy at Best Buy and he brought me back a basket with like 10 games and a couple other things.  We owe him the newest console when it comes out here in a while to get him up to Boy's spending limit.
    Wife and I agreed on no gift exchanges for us, we are trying to dig ourselves out of debt.  I will just be happy to be home and have Wife cooking and providing some cool meals.  We stopped and bought a ham for Christmas Eve and a brisket for cooking on Christmas Day, so I am set, unless perchance there is a pair of jetskis in the garage... come on Santa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment