Sunday, October 6, 2019

10/7/19 Longhorns Steal One In West Virginia?

    There has been so much going on, I hadn't had a chance to write, now that I can focus and everyone is still asleep (I am on my third blog to get ahead by one, at least.  Saturday started way too early for me, as I had to go do all that paperwork to sell our land.  In the early morning, Wife was also up getting ready to go to class and we were watching the weather.  I find it amazing that there are people who will rally and drive all the way to West Virginia from Austin to go watch them play a game.  I can hardly stay awake sometimes here in my own house.  But still, the point to mentioning that was that the reporters were talking about it being in the 40's in the morning over there.  Meanwhile, we are still sitting here sweating our asses off.
    Fast forward to after coming back and going to eat.  I had told Javalina "how about some Pluckers?"  We could enjoy some wings before the game, which I was thinking Pluckers was the wing place across the freeway from Southpark Meadows.  When I pulled in there, it turned out to be a different place and Javalina wanted nothing to do with it, he said the wings there sucked.  We ended up going home, picked Boy and Sweetie, then I almost thru a fit because I didn't want to drive across town for some wings, which Javalina then backed off and we tried Wicked Wings which is like a mile from the house.  They were quite good, so it worked out well and now we have a new choice to eat after school.
    We got home just in time for the game to start and it didn't look like it was super cold, nobody seemed bundled up.  The game was OK all the way to the half, Javalina sat with me and we were watching the game pretty good.  We were both impressed and shocked at the hit by little Dicker the Kicker on one run back.  He went at the runner with his head down, and he is a scrawny but wiry little fellow.  After the play, the camera was on him and he was standing there looking oblivious to the chance that he might get ejected for a targeting hit.  The commentators were thinking that would be a first, to have your kicker ejected for an aggressive illegal tackle, he was not.
    It was too much activity for me, and by halftime, I was out.  Wife had gotten home about then and I could feel myself fading.  I closed my eyes and slept for a bit.  I opened them and the Longhorns had opened up a lead, then I closed them again.  When I opened them once more, West Virginia was coming up strong, but there was also a minute left, so it looked like the Horns stole a game, even of they were favored.  I then went upstairs to sit with Wife and she was napping.  I laid down with her and napped until 7:30pm. At that point we got up with the idea of going to get some things for her trip tomorrow and for dinner.  We ended up going to the Halloween store, and then instead of going out to dinner, we got stuff at HEB, he shampoo stuff for her trip and some meat to cook real fast on the stove.  It was a nice night, Javalina had been wanting to see Beetlejuice and we saw it all, I even stayed awake.  He and I then stayed up and we watched American Pie, which  had been telling him he would love and he felt like it was written for him.  We have been crazy busy, but for a good cause, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment