Sunday, October 20, 2019

10/20/19 A Huge Burden Off Of My Back?

    I finally managed to sell the RV and with that goes the last of my responsibilities which I have been carrying for some time.  A few weeks ago I wrote about selling our land we had owned by the lake.  The same family wanted to go ahead and buy the RV, if the price was right.  I really don't know what the right price would or should be.  My mom says I should have been asking for more like $3500.  I don't know where she got that price.  I was thinking I would have liked maybe $2,000-$2,500.  Wife's nephew asked me if he could buy it and initially I told him I wanted $2,000.  He said that was too much and then since I didn't have a buyer and I was really just trying to get rid of it, I told him I would take $1500 if he could get the money together.  After going back and forth, he jokingly low balled me all the way down to $500.  I told him I'd rather make a nice bonfire with it and enjoy the fire than to give it to him for $500.  Still, I was trying to work with him and said give me $1200 and I guess you can have it.  He still couldn't or wouldn't do it.  I figured it was for the best, as he is just a kid and the RV is a great big hassle.
    My brother in law, not sure if he played dumb or wasn't reading context clues that the low price was for family, but he mentioned the $1200 to the guy that he found to buy the land.  The guy of course liked the rice, so by the time I talked to him already had that price in his head and I wasn't going to talk him up.  I thought about it for a while and agreed to sell it for that price.  It is basically giing it away, but even with my mom offering to let me park it at her house and find a seller down there, it's not like I had a truck.  I did sell the truck to my father in law, but a couple weeks ago, my sister in law was rear ended in San Antonio and the truck bed was left damaged, I am not sure if it could tow the RV anymore.  Another thing is I haven't moved it in years, who knows if it is road worthy.  Then it would need a current tag, possibly tires, needs to pass inspection.  All of those things just sounded like a pain in the ass, and then if I plug it in and find out the A/C doesn't work or something else doesn't work???  My conscience would have wanted to start spending money to fix things on it.
    Selling it as is simply allowed me to walk away from it and the land all in one swoop.  The new owner can deal with people dumping trash on the lot, or breaking into the RV unit and I can sleep with one less thing to worry about.  We may still own another RV someday or a boat, but that will only happen if I have a good place to keep it at.  If it is on another piece of land, it has to be someplace where I am not surrounded by white trash and other ne'er do wells who can't respect other's property.  Maybe we will just get a tent with some nice quality inflatable mattresses or some other bed solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment