Sunday, October 13, 2019

10/12/19 First Cold Front of 2019?

    After an especially hard week at work, it was almost a shock to walk outside and feel the temperature dropping below 60 degrees.  I got in my Excursion and drove away, close to 9:00am because I had come in late after watching Javalina's game.  The first thing that came to mind was "I have to make some chili."  I stopped at Target and got the necessary ingredients to impress everyone at home.  I got home around 10:00am and got to cooking the ground beef while I poured the cans of beans and diced tomatoes with the chili powder mix into our slow cooker.  After browning the ground beef, I followed that with doing the same with a package of ground pork meat.  While I did that, I went ahead and cooked up some hamburger patties I had bought to cook during the week but never got around to cooking them.  I ate two of them for breakfast and after mixing up all my chili contents went to bed very close to noon.
    I woke up late thanks to Wife calling me that she was on her way up here from La Pryor.  It was 5 O'clock and although I had set my alarm for 4:30pm, I slept right through it.  Javalina called as I was driving to him, but he seemed ok and was talking with friends outside not in any particular hurry.  I got him and came directly back home.  I told him we had chili ready, unless he wanted to wait for some cornbread and he said he would wait.  We then spent the next hour or two playing music, they had a cowboy day at school and he was mad they didn't play some songs he likes like Garth Brook's "Friends in Low Places", or that Zac Brown "Chicken Fried" song.  We then started playing random songs.  He seemed interested in that "Day Oh song" from Beetlejuice, so I suggested Cuban Pete from Mask and then played some Chery Popping Daddies with some swinging music that pops.
    While all this was going on I managed to take out the trash, wash 3-4 loads of clothes and fold it, and sweep and Swiffer mop the kitchen.  I also turned on a candle by the front area along with opening the windows to try and clean out the air in the house.  I almost prefer to do things this way as Wife then can't complain about much and makes for a much more pleasant evening.
    I have to say the cornbread was great and worked magic with the chili, cheese and dollop of sour cream.  Wife had a bowl when she got here and after a while of catching up on the tabke in the kitchen we went to our bedroom to watch some of our recorded shows.  I managed about three shows while I ironed Javalina's school shirts, but since I had only slept like 4-5 hours in the afternoon, I found myself quickly dozing off.  I was asleep by 11:00pm probably and I felt Wife come to bed at that point.  I then got up at 1:00am to go pee and stayed awake until 3:00am, remembering I still had a load in the dryer and one in the washer.  I found one more shirt to iron and decided to do it so it wouldn't linger around until Sunday night.  The cool weather made it all the more easier to do all the chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment