Tuesday, October 8, 2019

10/08/19 Appraisal Time?

    With our attempt to refinance our house, we needed an appraisal as part of the process.  They scheduled it for Monday morning at 10:00am.  It was almost too quick, as far as giving us time to clean up and organize the house a bit.  Wife was spazzing out Thursday night when I told her they were coming on Monday.  I told her to relax, that the clutter does not affect the valuation, but it did not change her reaction.  In reality, it is time we go through the house and just start throwing away a lot of things.  Our garage is full of stuff I don't know what to do with.  Every closet has too much stuff already tucked into it.  We had the big closet upstairs in the guest room filled with our Halloween decorations but Girlie and her BF moved in and I had to move that around to random places all over the house, most of it in Javalina's closet.
    The lady showed up about 10:15am, a little late, but that's ok.  I was up again Sunday night until about 4:00am trying to clean any last minute things I could, mostly for Wife.  I then forgot to put an alarm for 9:30am, but I still woke at 9:45am.  I was scared I had missed her knocking so I called her number and she called back that she was stuck in traffic, so I felt better about that.
    Stuff like the weights in the living room are going to look weird for normal people, but they work for what we are doing.  I was also bothered by her comments that the solar panels can't be used as a valuation on the house.  They cost like $60,000.  Why wouldn't they add value?  They are a huge part of the roof and they are good for the environment and all that other shit they were blowing out there ass to get us on board.  It doesn't make sense that a new chandelier can add value but the solar panels don't.
    I know I am getting all riled up, but the truth of the matter is that we don't need some crazy valuation, just as long as it comes in with the county numbers, we should be able to borrow enough for my needs.  I don't know what happens if the numbers don't come in.  I know that there a like 8-10 houses pretty much like ours in our neighborhood, it is the same as the model home, and I know they are all valued above $400k, so she shouldn't come in below that.  We shall see in 3-5 business days.

No comments:

Post a Comment