Saturday, October 26, 2019

10/25/19 We Think We Like The Cool Weather?

    Well, after bitching all summer for cooler weather, here it is.  Ehh, it seems too cold too fast.  We finally got a real cold front and it came in like gangbusters.  We had cool-ish weather earlier in the week and then it warmed up while we were anticipating the front.  I got very close to giving up and turning on the A/C, but I decided to let my cheapness win.  When I got up Thursday to go and pick up Javalina, the house thermometer was reading 84 and that is about as warm as we get before someone whines to turn on the A/C.  Wife had just gotten here and we left the house with a few windows open.  I don't feel comfortable leaving the house with any windows open downstairs, but Wife thought it was too hot inside to just leave things like that.  I kept saying the cold front is coming,  Just wait a bit.
    After we picked up our boy at school, we stopped to eat some chicken wings at Wicked Wings, which is close to the house.  We had eaten there without Wife a couple weeks ago when she had to be at class on a Saturday afternoon.  Anyways, the clouds were all churning and looking interesting, while we ate.  Girlie even called me to ask if she could turn on the A/C.  I said no, which even Wife remarked "wow, you never say no to her!, sarcastically.  I just kept looking out the window at the restaurant, knowing as the famous quote "winter is coming."
    Sure enough, by the time we finished eating our wings, the weather started shifting.  It was drizzling and the temperature started falling a bit.  I love our modern technology which is able to tell us, almost up to the minute when the weather is changing.  We had TVs in the restaurant and they were showing the clouds and thunderstorms moving into the area as it was happening.  Of course, we get home and Wife is opening windows trying to freeze the house and also get the funky closed air smells out from a season of closed windows, specially now that we have had a dog living with us.
    What was funny is that both boys are so used to having the windows closed that both of them keep going around closing the windows that we open.  First it was Javalina claiming the house is getting wet because it is raining outside.  I told him to stop being a Winnie and just let the stuffiness and warmth leave the house, then we can think about closing the windows.  I re-opened them only to have to repeat myself when Boy got home and he too was commenting that everything was getting wet.  Once we got everyone on the same page, we got the right windows open, which are the one up in the balcony, and the ones in the kitchen because the patio protects them, then we felt the house cool off.
    By the next day, I had had enough and was attempting to close the windows, but Wife wanted them open, so I have been wearing warm-ups and a long sleeve shirt in the house while she slept without a blanket on and I added a second comforter to the bed before I fell asleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment