Monday, October 21, 2019

10/21/19 New Storage System From Ikea?

    I almost forgot to mention this since this weekend was so busy.  Last week, we went to Ikea and bought a pair of "closets".  These things are huge, at the store they looked big, but you don't realize how big they are until you get them home with a regular roof height and not in a warehouse.  I believe the height is like 92 inches, so it is tall enough to barely be able to go from laying down longwise to standing without hitting the ceiling.
    I wanted them to clean up our room, after having the lady doing the appraisal, I felt a tad embarrassed at all the junk in the room.  Maybe a better thing to do would be to just throw everything away, but I feel almost a sentimental attachment to some of the stuff, plus a lot of it does work, it just has become obsolete.  We have my first TV I brought from my room when I moved out of my parent's house, a couple of VCRs, a couple of printers, some other electronics that would take too much to explain what they are.  Wife had literally about 50 towels sitting there on top of the TV and leaning against the wall.  Once I got the first closet set up, I started filling it and one was big enough to house everything that had been in the corner.
    I have a second identical unit and I can't decide whether to set it up there and keep bringing stuff into our room, or set it up in the bathroom where we have some empty wall space and it could fit there.  Wife also thought either of the guest rooms would benefit from one of these closets, but I think I want to keep these in my room since I bought them a s a pair.  The one thing that bothered me was that even though we got the doors to match the units, they did not come with the hardware to hang the doors.  We have to go back to Round Rock to get the stupid latches or whatever to put the doors on.
    They were pretty easy to set up by myself.  The instructions recommend two people needed to build these, but I managed just fine just by using the walls to lean the pieces while I attached them to each other.  Now that I have built them, I almost wish I had bought the mirror doors to give the room a larger look to it, but I am going to stick with the doors I got.  I could have just waited for Girlie to leave and then just throw most of this stuff into that closet, but Boy has plans for that room, plus I have also been thinking I wouldn't mind closing the door to the closet and adding a door from my bedroom into that closet.  I think that would be the perfect closet for me, where I could install a safe to keep some guns and stuff.  All that is part of the changes that are coming in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment