Sunday, October 27, 2019

10/27/19 Can't Watch All The Games?

    I try to be a loyal fan and watch the Longhorns when they play, but sometimes the weather is just too nice and we want to head outside.  Saturday was kind of one of those days.  I woke up way too early, around 6:45am and just kind of sat on the computer for a couple hours before deciding to put away the clean clothes and iron most of our boy's dress shirts.  I worked quietly in Javalina's room as he was awake and I didn't want to turn on the lights in our room where I would wake Wife.  We had an appointment for 1:00pm to meet the lady who gives her all those small blankets for the kids.  She got up at 11:00am or so and showered while I ironed and quietly saw TV in our room, this was after I had separated all the clothes and I was figuring how else to be useful.
    While I was showering, very near 1:00pm, the lady called that she had car trouble and wouldn't be able to make it, so now we were all dressed up and had nowhere to go.  I suggested to Wife that I had been wanting to go to Floor & Décor, they specialize in different flooring options for our house and that is one of the first things we are doing when Girlie and her stinky dog move out next month.  I really think I want wood flooring, but I have also thought that carpeting is not a bad option, specially now that we rarely have company and we won't be keeping a stupid pet in the house ever never.
    The store is located far north, on Braker Lane, close to the warehouse I first got a job at.  I told Wife that since we are headed North, it seemed like a good idea to run over to IKEA and get the hardware to hang the doors on the closet modules we bought for our room.  Wife said it would be better to go there, then we could go wherever I wanted.  That was a trick.  As soon as we finished at IKEA, Javalina acted up that he was hungry, so we went to eat at Freebirds.
    Freebirds is kind of Chipotle, which to me is white people making Mexican food.  I learned from last time at Chipotle and just ordered some nachos, which were chips from a bag (looked like), some watery cheese, cold ass poorly refried beans, dry old-ish steak pieces, a small hand grab of shredded cheese, and a dollop of guacamole.  It was really half-assed, but Javalina wanted tacos.Wife's burrito was worse in that it was about 70% rice, some beans, and chicken, I think.  The girl massaged and rolled the food inside the giant tortilla like she was going to accomplish something spectacular, but then she simply rolled it into a burrito and wrapped it in foil to make it look like it was cooked.  Wife did not finish it.
    We then headed home, I did manage to buy some black out curtains while at IKEA to hang between the wall that separates the kitchen from the living room to darken the room when we want to watch the projector which I got back and at least turned on the game while I got everything together to hang them with.  They went up fairly easy, specially with a power drill to put the screws in.
    Although my house looked nicer afterwards, the Longhorns did lose in horrible fashion.  TCU has been giving the Horns trouble for the last 6 years, but with them breaking in a new freshman QB, you don't expect to see Texas flounder, but it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment