Saturday, October 26, 2019

10/26/19 Liar Liar, Pants On Fire?

    We try to keep things "real" as the kids say, I always keep it 100 (another stupid kid saying) and expect my boys to do the same.  I don't usually have time to dance with bullshit, so I'd rather be told the truth up front and deal with whatever as soon as possible.  That all being said, Wife and I were both shocked to find out what we did this week.  This is some of Javalina's dirty laundry but it wouldn't be embarrassing if he stayed on top of his shit.
    Last six weeks, he went into the last week where he was failing with a 65 in algebra.  Boy and I saved his ass by sitting with him and doing a ton of requizzing with him, turning a 45 into an 86 and another failing grade into a passing grade.  He was also able to do a presentation for bonus pointsm, thus getting himself up into a like a 77.  We all breathed a sigh of relief and we had a (what I thought was a real discussion)talk about not waiting until the last minute.  He said he would be better, but quickly returned with a 45 grade on the first quiz.  We get notices straight from the school, so even if he wants to be sneaky sneaky, the school makes it hard.  He told us he was working on it, but that the teacher had not updated the grade.  I thought Hmmm, but let it go, after all, as I reminded him, he would have failed the first 6 weeks and not been able to play football, so why lie?  Well, week in and week out, the grade did not change, so a couple days ago I was talking to Wife who was working out in San Antonio that she should send an email to the teacher to see why she is dragging so much as in getting all the current grades posted so we could see Mijo passing.
    Wife copied me the email sent by the teacher, first thanking us for being involved, but then saying that Javalina, our precious and non-lying little shit, had not submitted any work, all six weeks.  This amounted to about 12 different assignments and/or quizzes.  Wife and I were both shocked and left speechless, for a second.  Believe me, we have not been speechless to him since then.  Luckily, we caught it with enough time to work on his work this weekend.  He is lucky that I am one of few parents who can sit and work on math problems with him, I actually like working on equations and inequalities and stuff like that.
    My question to him when we found out was "are you secretly trying to fail so you get kicked out of Crockett and over to Akins?"  He is at Crockett because he is on an advanced track, but if he gets kicked off the advanced track and is only a regular student, he can do that shit over here where he can walk to school and save me some gas money.  He swears that is not the case, that he is just overwhelmed with work.  He said that he had a big project in Geography and one in Avid and something else.  He had plans to get on this work, it just had not happened.  He said he was aware he still had time and everything was due by midnight on Tuesday this coming week.  That's when I said "well time to shut up and get it done."  Wife of course does not play around half as much as I do, she quickly took his phone away.  She was trying to remind me when I was tougher, and that I would have lost it with Boy if he tried to lie like that and I would have probably taken his phone and broke it.  I just said "I am not that guy anymore, I have matured and gotten older, sorry."  It is true, Boy took a lot of shit from me, but I was in my 20s and kind of an ass.  I have mellowed out a lot as I have gotten older, I am not angry or walking around with a chip on my shoulder.  I am content with my life, so I try not to get mad at the little things.  If Javalina fails despite my efforts, then he is the one that will be punished when he is sent to Akins and losses access to his buddies over there,

No comments:

Post a Comment