Wednesday, October 9, 2019

10/09/19 Diet Appears To Be Working Slowly?

    I wish I could say I am losing more weight, but I think the way I am doing it is better for me.  In the last two weeks I have lost another 6-7 pounds.  It feels like I take two steps forward and one step back.  For example, last Friday I weighed myself at home and at one point I saw 407 on the scale.  I thought great, then Boy comes up with the brilliant idea of making home made cookies, and different varieties, to boot.  Of course, I said I would just have one but that turned into about 6 of each kind while we sat and watched Beatlejuice with Javalina.  He has been wanting to learn about the good movies we grew up with.  He really enjoyed that one.
    But back to the diet thing, by Monday morning I was back to 410, which sucks a little.  By the end of the week I will probably be back down near 407, if I can just get through the weekend without overdoing it.  There was also pizza on Sunday night and a little bit of pumpkin pie.  It is a lot easier to be disciplined during the week.  I eat one meal with Javalina after school/football practice, then I eat something when I come home, usually around 1:00am.  I tell myself not to, but I feel hungry, so I get whatever I can find.  Last night was especially gross, a can of sardines with some Chicharrones, cheese sticks, and an avocado.  I believe an Atkins friendly diet, but not very glamorous.
    I do feel better, I started walking when work slowed down a bit, but usually I am too busy to leave the lab.  I feel a little more limber, both boys say my stomach doesn't look as bloated.  I just feel like I will continue staying on Atkins for the long term, but if I feel like eating a burger once in a while, I am not going to cry about it.  Same with the pizza on Sunday, instead of 5-6 slices, I ate three and that was quite good.  I also ate the thin crust instead of the pan, which is a lot more bread.  Feeling better also contributes to wanting to continue doing what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment