Wednesday, October 23, 2019

10/23/19 Born Half Animal?

    I was never really the kind of guy that enjoyed playing grab-ass with the boys, when I was young.  We played football in our yard, but it wasn't for the purpose of getting in front of someone and roughing each other up.  I preferred running for a football pass or something like that.
    When Boy was younger, they did plenty of wrestling activities, specially when DD started coming over around 7th grade.  He was a big boy and loved to prove his strength by lifting the other boys.  Boy himself was always smaller than the rest of the guys, and thus he made for light lifting material.  Occasionally, we would (specially Mama) get after the rest of the boys to not throw Boy around.  There was the time he spent the night at one of his regular friends and they made holes in the walls with Boy getting thrown via the bed.  Then there was a time I intervened when boys I didn't even recognize started showing up at the house with boxing gloves.  I said "nope, not here.  I am not going to be responsible for taking any of you dumbasses to the hospital when you break something."
    I have a new musclebound Donkey now.  Javalina loves to throw down.  A day doesn't go by that he doesn't have a story where he butts heads with another kid.  Monday after practice, he told me he had a great practice.  He felt like knocking somebody's head off because Grandma and Grandpa were visiting all weekend and he really didn't get a chance to hit me.  I guess he charges at me and tries to push me around so often, I don't really take it as an attack anymore, but I guess the boy needs it.
    Tuesday, he was going on about one of the linemen on his team took the chair with wheels in a class and as soon as he got up, he went over to take the chair from him, because he wanted it.  I told him that wasn't cool, but he said all's fair in football class.  Then he said the other kid did not like him taking his chair, the other kid being his nemesis, because the other kid is the biggest lineman and claims to bench press 250 pounds.  Javalina says he is smarter and faster, but since he is only benching 160-180, I say he needs to admit the other guy beats him.  Nothing pisses off, my little animal than words like that.  He says he is a better athlete and that is why he constantly has to put #75 in his place.  Anyway, they both lifted the chair high in the air and then the other kid let him have it and Javalina almost dropped it, but he got it.  He also had a story about a running back having really muscular legs and he told Javalina and another kid to hold him from the ankles while he attempted to escape.  I asked if he was doing this in football gear or his school clothes, and he said naw, in this, his nice school clothes.  I just roll my eyes at him and he continues that after the other guy let go, he decided to tackle him, so they ended up rolling around on the floor.
    I worry about what he is going to do now that football is ending in a couple more weeks.  I told him to look into joining the wrestling team since he loves rolling around the floor with guys, but he says the uniforms are a little too gay for him.  I tell him gay is you having to roll around on the ground with any guy who walks in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment