Sunday, October 13, 2019

10/13/19 Red River Rivalry 2019

    I have to say I miss my old friend and coworker who passed away a few years ago.  Jorge was a Sooner and he was always ready to give us a little poke when the Sooners would beat the Longhorns, but he was never ugly or rude about it.  He hasn't been mentioned in a while, but we still have a cubicle in his "honor", as he left it.  This is where my mind went when I thought about the game this week.
    I was hoping the Horns would win this one, but the offense just could not get going.  The defense was playing about as good as it could.  I missed the first score from the Sooners, we had gone to eat breakfast Don Dario's, who would think they would start playing at 11:00am, that is way too early for anything serious.  Nevertheless, the game was being showed at the restaurant, so we could see the action.  Javalina was going on about how he could handle him and him and him on the screen.  I thought it would be fun to point at a big ole "Bubba" sitting a couple of tables over and telling him those linemen are about his size.  That is a 6' 5" man sitting down.  He made me look small and I am a 400 pounder.  He just said "you suck Dad, but I can take him."  I just rolled my eyes and told him to order some food, my little guy needs to get bigger.  (He hates stuff like that)
    Breakfast was good, we then headed back home and watched the rest of the game at home.  Since we had eaten out, I ran to the bathroom at halftime, did my business and took a shower.  By the time I came back out, the score was 20-10 in favor of the Sooners and it just never looked like the Horns could do much.  My son and I are huge fans of Dicker the Kicker, mostly because that is the coolest name for a kicker, but the little guy has balls of steel, after the tackle he did near the sideline where he alsmost got called for a spearing penalty and we see him on the sideline like a cocky rooster not realizing what he did without his helmet on.
    I sort of watched the 4th quarter from the kitchen with the big screen still on, but I couldn't sit and cheer when the offense just didn't seem into it.  They only lost by a TD, but that is now two that have gotten away from them.  I am sure their chances of making the 4 team playoffs are out of range by now, so I guess that is the season.  I still want to see them win, but this game is very important because they are usually really the only good teams in the Big12.  Oh well.
    I got up way too early, as usual, I was up at 6:00am, and by the time the game finished, I was ready to take a nap.  I told Wife to wake me at 5:00pm and we could go somewhere to walk around, but Javalina came in the room and told us he would rather just stay in.  I ended up sleeping until 10:00pm, and woke up only because Wife said we had tickets to go watch Joker at Alamo Drafthouse.  It was really good, even after being told not to bother watching it by a different coworker.

No comments:

Post a Comment