Monday, October 28, 2019

10/29/19 College Algebra Has Gotten Harder? (Part 2)

    We worked on the third quiz until almost midnight Saturday.  Luckily, YouTube really will show you anything.  I started on Google, trying to figure out what this Matrix Math was.  It is really a way to find answers for systems of equations, much like the elimination or substitution, but this really requires a lot of work.  I had to learn how to add and what scalars were and that the matrices matter as far as which one sits in front of the other, meaning A+B does not always equal B+A.  There is also no way to do division, but there is a way to figure out the inverse of a matrix and then multiply by this, effectively this becomes a way to divide.  We filled page after page, but I think I figured out most of the nuances involved and I did enjoy getting them done after I knew what I was doing, but some of these problems took like 30 minutes apiece.
    Javalina kept saying thanks Dad, I'll just submit what I have and that will be fine.  That pissed me off because he might be willing to settle, I never have.  I told him "no, I squeeze every point out of an assignment, I don't half ass."  We only stopped for food, and before we knew it was Sunday morning.  I usually get up early to mess around on the computer, but all that math work left me beat.  I didn't get up Sunday afternoon until 1:00pm and it was immediately back to it.  We did one homework assignment which he kept complaining that the quizzes account for 80% of the grade and HW only accounts for 10%.  I said you are doing all of it, so you might as well just keep going.  We finished this and I think I walked off to see what Wife was doing in the guest room. I jumped on the bed and fell asleep.  Javalina came after me to continue and it was just more and more math.
    We finally got to a stopping point around 8:00pm Sunday night when we had finished the four quizzes for the six weeks period and had a 100, 86, 85 and 85, for an 89 average.  Not bad, considering I was learning with him and from the computer.  He had about 8 HW assignments also and I helped him with the one.  He said he had done two already and tonight I told him to do two more.  He sent me pics of his progress, so hopefully he gets to tomorrow with only a couple more HW assignments to do.  This will be the last time he blindsides us because we will be communicating with his teacher much more regularly, fat little liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment