Monday, March 4, 2019

3/4/19 How Is The Diet Going?

    The diet is still going, but at a slower pace, thanks to life and cake.  The first month we were all gung-ho and Javalina especially took it seriously and he was jumping on my shit, big time.  As I said, we both lost a good 30 pounds that first month, from about January 8th until February the 6th.  Then the parties and excuses started.  It was Wife's birthday, and her family made her a little party, so we went and although the food was under control with the carbs, there were two cakes and ice cream.  Four days later, there was Valentine's Day, and we have just been flush with sweets.  The following weekend, Boy's GF wanted to make some pineapple upside down cakes for us.  I can't help myself, I sat with the 9 inch diameter cake in front of me and ate it in one sitting.
    We are mostly good during the week, sticking to our diets and eating just steaks and salads, and working out the best we can with our weights.  By this Friday before my parents showed up, I was feeling pretty good at 392, and Javalina was at 220.  For some reason Boy decided he was going to treat us to a cake, even after we went to Central Market and got sweets of our own.  This is not what we would have done normally now, but we did have company.
    The most pleasant thing about all this losing weight, was seeing Javalina go from wearing size 42 pants at the start of the year to this weekend, when he was able to fit into a size 38 pant.  That is a huge change and I do hope he can keep it off.  I don't want to go trying on different sizes and patting myself on the back, but by this summer I do want to be back around 350.  That sounds like a lot to most of you, but I could jog and bike at that weight and I want to loose weight at a slower pace to avoid that saggy skin I see on some people who have lost 100 pounds and end up with extra skin on Youtube.
What are you going to do to keep the weight off?  I am very pro exercise, I just got that injury on my leg which messed me up for almost a full year.  Unless I get another random lawn mower injury, I fully expect to continue pushing Javalina to do newer and exciting things outside.  We have still to master the bicycle which would open up miles and miles of new experiences.  I still think one day, we will own a kayak for each of us and that will be another form of exercise we can share in together.
    So yes, we lost a great 30 pounds the first month and maybe 8 pounds the next month, if we can keep this up, I will be happy.  By the end of June, I could still be approaching my goal of 350.  Easiest thing I can say to y'all is cut the bread and rice, those are just filler.  I still think it is better to drink diet sodas instead of regular soda, even as the experts disagree on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment