Monday, March 25, 2019

3/25/19 End Of Spring Break?

    Well, we celebrated Boy's birthday for two weekends and we went out of town more than we usually do, but in the end, Wife ran off to get more learning for work and the boys and I finally cleaned the yard the way we should have on our first day off.  It was a rough ending to a pretty good time off.
    Spring Break this year was a mixed bag and it really felt like it lasted almost two weeks.  I honestly don't know where Wife kept pulling $100s from, but we managed to eat all over the place and isn't that about half the fun anyway?  Her spring break was off by a week, as compared to the boys here in central Texas.  I don't know if that was done on purpose by the schools so that not everybody is off at the same time in a state as big as ours, or if the small towns didn't get the memo and move and re-align to what was going on over here.  We ended up taking it in stride and since Wife was off while the boys were still going to school, she came up and maybe saw a sick kid and licked him before she got to the house as she was pretty much sick for the first 4-5 days she was sick and mostly stayed in bed.  I was still working, so that was fine by me.  She goes at 100% all the time, driving back and forth that we all figured she needed the break and the chance to sleep extra.
    She started feeling better by Thursday and into Friday which is when I started my week off, so we were able to run around enjoying morning breakfasts after dropping off Javalina on his final days before his spring break started.  She had to go back to work on Monday and I managed to make lemonade by going with her and making it seem like that was our vacation getaway.  Javalina and I went to my folk's house while she worked Monday and Tuesday.  Boy had stayed in Austin because he worked most of the week even though he was off.  We came back on Wednesday, Wife had to attend one more conference thing in San Antonio but we were back home and we slept in the rest of the week and I did what I am doing now all week, wake up in the middle of the night and come down to write and goof around on the computer all night, like the night shifter I am.  After a couple of days off that Wife took to hang out with us, she found herself having to go to Dallas on what was supposed to be our last day off together.  We all got up at 8:30am as we had decided we would eat breakfast together before she left, and we did at Luby's.  It felt more like a punishment because we had kind of stayed up the night before and none of us really wanted to be up that early.
    After Wife left around 11:00am, I went back to sleep and the boys went to their rooms to nap/hangout, but I eventually woke at 3:00pm and we hit the yard hard.  Both boys got on the two lawn mowers and I took out the electric trimmer I bought a while back.  We cut the grass as it really needed it.  It went great with both boys cutting grass at the same time.  Boy cut the front and Javalina started on the back.  When Boy finished the front, he went and helped his younger bro with the back which was overgrown and pretty much up to our knees.  It was Boy's actual birthday and he already had extra friends here by the time we finished, so he took off as fast as he could.  Luckily, Javalina does not have a social life yet, and he stayed behind to help me.  I trimmed most of the yard along the fence which they did not do the greatest job.  Both of them seemed scared to get the mower too close to the fence. so I had a fat part of the yard to get through.  Eventually I did and then we fixed about 15-20 slats on the fence that were loose or had fallen.  I had bought about 6 new slats like two months ago and finally installed them.
    I finished my day of cleaning by filling the trash cans with crap from the garage, mostly boxes from Boy's out of control Amazon buying.  There were about ten tubes from different times he has ordered posters and it felt great to finally throw all those stupid things away.  Javalina and I celebrated by getting Panda for him and Jack in the Box for me.  We talked to Wife while we were in line ordering our food in the car, she was in her room by 8:30-9:00pm.  We ate and I finished washing clothes and here I am at almost 5:00am.  The yard is as clean and nice as it gets, all the clothes is washed and I even ironed all the shirts the boys wear and we are ready to start the last leg of the school year.  Next big rest is at the end of May for the boys.  I won't take another week off until the week of 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment