Wednesday, March 20, 2019

3/20/19 There's No Place Like Home?

    I really enjoyed going to my folk's this weekend, specially with no agenda.  It was like being a kid again, almost.  We arrived a little later than I wanted on Sunday night but we were still greeted with BBQ, so we filled up on fajita tacos and stuff.  Wife had to work Monday morning, but my Mom did what moms do, and whipped up a pretty good breakfast with eggs, biscuits, turkey bacon, raisin bread for Javalina and coffee.  Javalina and I were a little apprehensive on the turkey bacon, but in the end, we couldn't tell the difference too badly.
    At noon I went with Dad to see where he was going for his radiation treatments, and we were back by 3:00pm.  I believe I napped after that while we waited for Wife to get back home from her work.  My folks thought it would be nice to treat us to dinner at Richardo's, and although I normally hate leaving the house, this was perfect as there was no crowd, only a couple of families eating at the same time.  Wife did stress me because the restaurant is next to the junior college building downtown and she was telling me that all the cars there were for people eating in the restaurant.  Since it was 7:00pm, I kind of believed her, but luckily for me at least, the restaurant was mostly empty.  We had fajitas the night before and even on the weekend as Boy had cooked fajitas with his friends for his party Saturday night.  I chose the 1 pound burger and it really took me to my limits.  It was great, with bacon, avocado, and the basket of fries, man...
    We went and visited my aunt for a while after, followed by a quick trip to the dairy for a blizzard before going back home where my brother and sister were waiting for us with their kids.  I was a little bothered they didn't join us but I understand people are busy with life, all the kiddos have practice in basketball, or baseball, or whatever is going on in their lives so everyone stays busy during the week.  After everyone left, I laid with Wife for a few minutes while she fell asleep but then I stayed up again until 5:00am.  I mostly do it so she can sleep a restful night and not have me bothering her with my getting up every couple of hours to pee.
    Today, I finally got up at 10:30am and my mom offered to go get chicken from Golden Chick as that is what Javalina had told her he wanted to eat.  I was still drinking my cup of coffee when she came back, but that was fine.  I managed to eat, watch a couple of YouTube videos before taking a nap.  I woke around 3:30pm thinking I should shower in case Wife showed up, but she did not.  Mom ended up making dinner at 5:00pm, which was another big feeding for us, this time her burgers that are so good.  Wife calls them chicken fried burgers as mom covers the burger patties in flour before cooking them, but they turn out great.
    At this point, we just kind of hung out outside watching the kids act the fool playing some sort of football while we waited for Wife to get back from work.  She finally showed up at 7:00pm and we left around 7:30pm.  My parents could not have been better hosts, feeding us constantly and providing not one but two bedrooms so even Javalina had a room to go hide in.  Everything was great, but there is something about getting home after a couple days away.  I just love having multiple bathrooms where I know there is no pressure if I want to sit on my toilet for an hour.  Plus Boy didn't make the trip and I never like it when we are split up when I am off.  I already miss a lot of time with them because I work nights.  Wife has the end of the week off, so at least for a few days, everything should be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment