Monday, March 11, 2019

3/11/19 Sometimes Saying No Is Alright?

    I honestly hate saying no to people, it feels to me like I am rejecting them somehow.  I have told that to Javalina who says "yeah right, you tell us no all the time."  To which I have to say "yeah, you and your brother have no limits to how much you ask for, but generally, if you ask for something, I will eventually get it." "Jerk."
    This weekend my folks, and my sister and her family were in San Antonio having a mini vacation getaway and they wanted us to join them.  Nobody gave me prior notice and Wife had already made plans for Saturday to go visit her folks for the day, so Saturday was out of the question, which sucked because I have been wanting to go to the Zoo and that is where they were Saturday afternoon.  When Wife left with her family to see some play with one of her brother's kids, I texted my mom, thinking if they were over in that side of town maybe I could have joined them for dinner, but they stayed late at the zoo and then they headed to their hotel, so I hung back and killed time at Bass Pro Shops.
    I had told my mom that we would be available on Sunday to go to Fiesta Texas on Sunday, but being that Wife didn't get done with that play until after 9:00pm, and we didn't get home until 11:00pm, I didn't want to go lay down to come straight back to the same spot I had been the night before, so I said no.  I felt shitty saying no, but I did wake with a sore right shoulder, probably from sleeping in the car on the way back to Austin and we are not on Spring Break, meaning Javalina has school here in less than an hour.  I am also working a full week and sorry, but I like a day of rest to hang out in my house and not run around so much.
    It was good that we opted not to go too, because my Excursion has begun making a dull grinding noise, I think it's the brakes needing replacements, they had told me they were pretty bare last time I got an oil change, so I assume it is that.  Either way, we dropped it off at Ford yesterday afternoon.  I am hoping they can replace the brakes and give it its yearly inspection in a day or two.  We also need to take Wife's car in, it is making a rattling noise that sounds loud as hell when we are talking over the phone.  So yes, I would have liked making my mom happy by showing up, sometimes I gotta be selfish and think of me.  We saw them last week here in town and we are going down there next week, so I think we are seeing them enough lately.
    Plus, if they wanted to see us, they could always come up and stay here for free instead of spending good money at some hotels.  We may not provide continental breakfast but the beds are king sized, the rooms private and the coffee is free, usually.  Plus we don't charge for small pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment