Tuesday, March 12, 2019

3/12/19 Time Off To Rest Or Repair?

    We are now in March and Wife is in the meat of her Spring Break, but as usually happens, she goes so hard on the days she works that when it is time to take a few days off, she gets sick.  This has now happened a couple times.  I think she would be better off listening to me and taking a day off each month whether she needs to or not.  Nobody is thanking you at the end of the year for having most of your sick days still intact.
    I don't have as much of the same problem because I work a 12 hour shift and am set up around working 3 days one week and then 4 days the next.  This means every other week I have either 4 days off or 3 days off, which is very nice.  Wife, on the other hand, works 5 days a week and she has to start it by taking that long drive from Austin to La Pryor on Monday mornings.  Her week does not end until again, she takes another three hour drive to get her back to Austin.  I occasionally tell her "Why don't you take this coming Friday off?" "I can't", she always says "there's a meeting and I must get my 2 cents in there." Or "No! This coming Friday we have to do blah blah which determines whether the school gets federal money or not."
    I can't win with her, so I don't usually try, but then when she is given time off like Spring Break or even Thanksgiving where she gets a week, first she needs to be sick a couple days, then she feels better when it is time to get back to work.
    I am worried because I took a sip from her tea yesterday, she was kind of saying she was feeling a little tired, but not admitting to being sick.  This didn't happen until Monday night when I called to see what was going on at 10:00pm.  She said nothing and that she was fixing to go to bed.  I said "really? Because most nights you are here you stay up until 3:00am, but now that I will be home around 1:00am, you are going to be asleep?  That sux!"
    The way shit works this little bug will manifest itself come Friday afternoon just as I am starting my week off.  I haven't been sick all winter so I am sure that I am due.  Oh well, at least I will have some down time and an excuse to stay in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment