Sunday, March 24, 2019

3/24/19 Celebrating Boy's Birthday?

    Wife wanted to celebrate Boy's birthday a little better this year since he is turning 25 and it seems like a milestone, it being a quarter of a century.  He did pretty good on his own last week when he had friends in from Dallas and in town and they went racing miniature race cars at COTA (Circuit of the Americas), then did karaoke in a Mario Brothers themed room.  We only know all this through the beauty of Snapchat where they recorded their activities throughout the night.
    This weekend was our turn to celebrate with our son since last week was with his friends.  Wife and I discussed it and ultimately, she thought it would be better to meet in San Antonio since it is closer for my parents and her parents live there.  Since I will eat almost anywhere, I said lady's choice and although our first agreement was El Chaparral, we settled on Canyon Café at The Quarry.  We have eaten there a couple times over the last ten years and we are always impressed at how good the food is.
    The day for me started around 2:00pm when Wife woke me.  I had gone to bed early last night but then woke up at midnight to watch a movie with Wife, then another with Javalina.  Wife started watching the Motley Crue movie which was surprisingly interesting and then I had wanted Javalina to see The 40 Year Old Virgin which he saw most of it coming back and forth to our room.  I then came down stairs to write around 3:00am and stayed on the kitchen table until 6:30am as has been my habit all week.  It was good that we didn't have better plans as I just slept until the last minute.
    It was a pretty good afternoon, I took my little electronic muscle stimulator to show my dad who I knew would get a kick out of it.  When we got there, I installed it on his shoulders and he stayed there happily zapping away while we went and walked around Pottery Barn waiting for 6:00pm.  By the time we got back 20 minutes later, dad had played enough with the machine and asked me to take it off.  I then put it on my mom as I knew she would be skeptical about it working like I was describing.  We sat around outside as the weather was about perfect, overcast and in the mid 70's.
    We probably went in and sat down around 6:15pm, we were dragging ass waiting for Wife's family who were dragging a little ass.  We finally sat down and eventually everyone that was coming made it, probably by 7:00pm.  They were having a sale on their margaritas and I ordered one, which I rarely drink, but this one was yummy, mango flavored.  The food itself was delicious, I ordered a sirloin and it came with spinach and mashed potatoes.  Wife ended up giving me a taco of her carnitas from her plate, and Boy gave me about a third of his salmon with yams underneath it.  Everything I ate was very good.
    We were done by 8:00pm eating and Wife was trying to rush us because we saw some signs that said they were going to be closing the highway at 9:00pm.  We took a bunch of pictures outside and then we all headed off in our different directions.  We stopped at Buc-ee's for gas and to waste another half hour before getting home around 10:20-10:30.  We were too full to go upstairs and to bed so we sat at the kitchen table and ate some more cake and watched a couple of our shows that we record weekly.  Happy Birthday Mijo, we love you.  Hope you enjoyed your time with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment