Saturday, March 30, 2019

3/30/19 Prepping For The Big Party?

    I can't say what is going on this weekend, but we have been busy.  I am personally using it to introduce the family formally to the grown up version of Javalina.  We took him shopping at Men's Wearhouse for the first time and got him a jacket, shirts, ties, and he had already chosen a new pair of boots and a real nice two tone pair of dress shoes.  This, with his loss of almost 40 pounds from the start of the year and that crazy hair, has him looking very much like a young adult instead of a child in shorts and a t-shirt.
    Boy has always had a flair for dressing up, but we also bought him a new jacket, shirts and ties for the occasion, so he too will be looking like a sharp dressed man.  I don't think the extended family has met his girlfriend, so this will be again, a great opportunity to show him off a bit in the best light.
    I am writing this at work at the end of my Thursday night shift because I have a feeling the next 40 hours are going to be a blur.  Wife isn't getting home until late, she is helping to get the place ready tonight, so I will have to contend with getting any last minute things, such as I am thinking I want a new pair of shoes for myself.  Although we did choose a cool jacket for Javalina, they were supposed to send it to the store close to the house, but after calling Wednesday and raising hell over the handling of what they told me would take a couple of days to get there, I don't know.  They have told me it is on the truck for delivery today, so I have to wait until today to see if he is going to have that nice look put together.
    Wife also mentioned if I could stop and get some Mexican sweet bread for after the occasion, so I will have to run around a bit too.  I would like for Boy to wash his SUV, so it looks clean for Saturday, but man, he is some kind of lazy for doing stuff outside.
    I have to do a small speech which is the main thing making me not just sit back and enjoy this.  I did already write something that I think is funny and heartwarming, we'll see how it goes over.  I am mostly sarcastic and this will be an older crowd, I think.  Oh well, the people who want me to talk know me, so it is on them.
    It is now 7:30am, Saturday morning, it came too fast.  Last night, at 1:00am, we asked Javalina to try on his crispy new black dress shirt and although the measurements for the neck and arms are right, it is a slim fit and fits him way too snug.  He is going to have to wear his older black shirt which pisses me off, but the party has to go on.  He also spent half an hour finding his new belt, had no idea about his dress socks, and his dressy jeans were balled up on the floor.  That handsome young man is still very much a husky ball of clay that needs a lot of teaching on how to care for his clothes.  At least Boy had everything at the ready and had tried on everything earlier.  Here we go, long ass day starts right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment