Monday, March 18, 2019

3/18/19 Going Home For Spring Break?

    That makes a nice title and I am comfortable enough at my folk's home, but at this point, my home is in Austin.  Boy didn't even make the trip with us, so we aren't even traveling as a family right now, just three vagabonds bound to each other by title and blood.  All joking aside, Wife just ended her Spring Break while Javalina and Boy are starting theirs.  I had assumed Wife was on the same page as the boys, so I asked off for this week about a month ago.  Since Wife has to return to work, we had a couple of choices:  we could have stayed home and waited for her to return, go with her and hang out at my folk's while she goes to work, or the boys and I could have taken off on a man's vacation to parts unknown, maybe the desert, rent a 4x4 and live off the land for a couple days.
    The first one would have been no different from our day to day, and I would have slept the days away until she returned and probably while she was there too.  The third one is a pipe dream.  There is no way we would go on vacation without Wife.  I am a weenie and I would be scared to a hotel room the first time something made a noise in the dark.  So the only real option was to travel light and visit parts known.  We even managed to fudge that up as my siblings waited as long as they could but they left at 8:15pm or so to get the kids ready for bed and we got here around 8:30pm.  It always wants to feel different, but then it doesn't.  The kitchen was gutted in the past year or two and looks entirely different, yet the room next to it is where Wife sleeps and all her clothes and our stuff is in there, so that is comforting.  The bathroom too has also been redone, even the throne is different, and they finally installed one for a bigger ass which I am overjoyed with.  I had been asking for this for a long time.  I am just glad I went with them and helped my dad choose the right one, finally.  The rest of the house looks fairly the same, which is good, for nostalgia's sake.  I am on the fence about the gaudy poster sized frames of my sister and my brother in their wedding outfits, but I guess you get that or the shotgun imprint on your back when the wife-to-be is knocked up and the size of a Winnebago.  Don't worry, we are on the wall in a little 3x5 pic hidden amongst the grandkids, I think.  I kid, I kid, there is no 3x5 pic, my bad.  But anyways...
    It will be nice to be away from Austin, even for a couple days.  My folks already mentioned going to eat tomorrow at Richardo's, which is a restaurant owned by our cousin.  I am not a fan of going out down here as I hate running into people who I don't remember from basically 30 years ago, but I guess for my folks.  I guess now I have to decide how late do I stay up?  Wife will be working until 5:00-ish, I will probably be getting up every couple of hours anyway to pee, and I hate bothering Wife when she needs to sleep.  Ehh, guess I'll catch up on some YouTube time.

No comments:

Post a Comment