Wednesday, March 27, 2019

3/27/19 This Is When I Get Called An Asshole?

    I honestly don't like to argue but stuff comes up and when pushed into a corner, I tend to snap back curt and to the point.  Wife just called and had an argument with me that did not need to happen.  It was already 10:30pm, she is driving to La Pryor in the morning and I was so busy until about a half hour ago that I never called or texted.  I figured since she didn't either she was busy or maybe fell asleep early as she sometimes does.  Why should I wake her just to say "uhh, I love you, goodnight."  We aren't freaking 12 year olds that need constant attention.
    But she does one of these manic calls, specially when she is tired.  She texted and called within a minute apart.  Here in the lab, the phone rarely rings, but texts come in pretty good as we have text chats all the time.  I was sitting watching a Netflix movie and running the tool with my phone propped up right next to the computer so I can see the light if I get text.  She called me and I returned the call within a few seconds.  She picks up but in those few seconds she has managed to get in the shower and now she can't hear me.  Her message was "I am going to sleep", so she should have been in bed.  Of course, I am on her speaker phone and it's a lot of "I can't hear you" and "what?" and me getting louder and louder.  Basically, earlier in the week the shower door started getting weird and loose.  "She has to tell me I can't close it, I am going to leave it open."  This is where I get mad because what are your choices?  Of course, leave it open.  It's not like you are going to break out a screw driver and knife and reseal the door, that is my job.  It was just a lot of yelling at me for no reason.
    Then to show she is frustrated because Boy "NEEDED TO DO HIS TAXES RIGHT NOW!!!!", she spent hours looking for paperwork.  This isn't my fault, but it tired her out.  I understand that, I said "go to bed, you're tired, that shit should have waited until the weekend."  That falls on deaf ears because she is like a paper shredder, once she starts, she can't stop until she finishes.  It is great until she runs out of energy, then she lashes out, but not at her babies.
    Just to give me one more kick for not being there when she wanted me there, Javalina asks if I am going to attend his track meet on Thursday and she does this formal fucking bullshit like she doesn't know "Oh, I don't know, your father works at night, I have no idea what he is going to do, maybe if we pray to the gods we can get an answer."  This truly pisses me off because I have NEVER missed an event that either of my boys have done that a parent should attend.  Plus, we had just asked the coach after practice where the event was going to be and at what time and if it was OK for me to take him home after he is done with his events since I work nights and have to get going as soon as possible.  She was standing right next to me when I talked to the coach, I don't know why the vague "oh, it's a mystery what your father does but I do hope he can at least pick you up during his lunch break maybe at midnight."  This is when I feel like kicking Wife in the butt because I find this insulting.  I have been training him during the off season lifting weights, I bought him his own shotputs (plural) and disci (plural), you don't think I want to see the fruits of my labor.  I want to see my beast take charge out there.  Wondering if I am going makes me sound like a shit dad and then to top it off asking "Are you going to feed him?"  Look at us, we don't look like the kind of people that skip meals.
    I know this call was just wanting to unleash on someone as you are way past your tiredness, but fuck, all I do is work and tend to the house, don't shit on me.  You know I will fix the shower door as soon as I have time.  Javalina will have me out there watching him and I will feed him one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment