Sunday, December 9, 2018

12/9/18 Watching A Scary Movie?

    I will admit I try to never watch anything considered "scary" because I think about stuff too much and then I have dreams about stuff I would rather not.  That being said, I was overruled on Friday when Girlie came over to hang out for the evening while her BF was at work.  It had been a while since she had come over, as she recently started dating a new guy and things have been going good for them, as far as she says, but sometimes he gets caught in these long shifts, so she took the opportunity of my invite Thursday to come over for Chili on Friday and while she was here to wash a couple loads.  With the weather shitty as it was, I wanted something warm that would go down smooth and warm us up from within.  I had gone in the morning after dropping off Javalina at school to Target and got most everything needed to make the chili and I got it going by around 11:00am.
    I went to sleep and woke up in time to pick him up before 4:00pm.  When I got to the school, there were no kids around where there are usually a handful walking back and forth.  I parked in the usual spot I do to get him thinking maybe I am going to have to call him.  As soon as I parked, his chubby ass popped out of the side of the building where there was a bit of roof overhead.  I could hear him mumbling "shit shit shit shit shit shit..." from a distance as he ran to the vehicle.  I quickly turned the heater to an even warmer setting, the poor guy was drenched.  I told him to get out of the clothes as soon as we got home and I gave him a cup of the chili to warm him up a bit.  He was back to normal within a few minutes.
    Boy's GF was there, as she surprised me when I went into his room to turn off the heater, I was muttering under my breath how he doesn't give a shit about the light bill and just leaves the heater on when he leaves, then she rustles in bed.  I jumped nearly out of my skin, I had just looked out the window and his car was not there, so he wasn't there.  She said "hi", I apologized for walking in the room, I was just going for the heater, she said Boy was supposed to be home soon, and that they were going to his company party later.  I figured after all this and Javalina safely in the house, it was time for me to take a nap which I did, until about 7:00pm.  Girlie showed up about then, she loved the chili, I do think I am getting better at it, I have now made it three times, this time I added pinto, red kidney, and black beans to 2 pounds of ground beef and 1 pound of ground pork.  Even for the cans of diced tomatoes, I am using some diced tomatoes with additional flavors to mix in with the chili powders.  Add some homemade cornbread and shredded cheese and the bowl is a winner.
    While eating, we saw The House on Haunted Hill I believe was called and it was a creepy movie, for sure.  Javalina apparently likes this type of movie, I do not, but they wanted to see it, so I just sat there and kept getting up to get more food or rink, or to clean the kitchen.  The story was set up in 1971, based on true events, the story says.  The house is infested by a witch spirit who killed her kids and a new family had moved in and was trying to repeat the shit.  There was just enough boo here and quick flash of lights there to make it unsettling.  As my boy said, it wasn't really scary, but there was plenty of "uhhh" moments, such as when the lady starts looking down the stairs to the basement and she suddenly gets shoved down and now she is in the dark.  Another creepy moment was when they are looking for one of the kids that was dragged into a room, then with a UV light they follow the footprints to a large armoire, which was left behind by the last family and it seemed immovable, it had a secret door and a hiding place between the walls, all of this gave me the willys.  They ended up doing an exorcism, the witch revealed herself and eventually, they defeated her, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment