Tuesday, December 18, 2018

12/18/18 I Had To Threaten Wife In A Stupid Way?

    Wife is not very good at math sometimes.  She just wants to make our boys happy, but as much as we want to love and spoil them, we must also realize they can kind of be dicks.  We've been talking about what to get them for Christmas this year and really what do you get kids once they own one of each game system, TVs taller than their mamas and enough furniture in their rooms to entertain a handful of friends on any given night?
    Javalina goes with the obvious, more video games and cards to allow him access online so he can play with his friends.  I say not bad.  One stop at Best Buy and the boy is taken care of.  The other goof ball has been going on and on about a certain round appliance to help him clean his room without him having to participate.  Those things are way more expensive than I thought, but I figure it can be the main gift.  Wife then tells him what else he wants and he says, instead of doing a paper list, he has his wish list on Amazon.  Hmmph!!!
    Robot Wife calls me over, she has it open and is counting down about 5-6 things, but the first one is like $490, then $200, and not much cheaper from there.  He likes exotic board games from China, specially if they only made 5 and each has a special number associated with it.  I walked away and she was like "uh, what should I do, order all this?"  I told her "you can, but you best believe I will be buying a ton of other shit for Javalina to make up the difference.  How the hell are you ok with spending $1000 on Boy and only $200 on Javalina.  You hate it when he calls you out, that Boy is your favorite, but damit."  She retreated pretty quickly, "fine fine!"
    Boy is a never ending supply of "I need this..."  Javalina has not gotten as fancy yet, I imagine he'll catch on.  I would have a much easier time of the spending if it was for school, or maybe some nice clothes, some expensive shoes, to look more professional, I respect this kind of stuff.  Sorry but board games that cost $300 are just too silly for me.  Graduate already, my Boy, then you can buy all the junk out of China with your money, I bet at that point he'll get smarter about his wants and needs.
    I really wanted to get Javalina a "dirt bike" although the ones from Honda and Yamaha are awesome, those are easily over $1400.  We saw a chubby version of an old style scooter at Sam's for $400 and I was thinking I wanted to get that.  Javalina actually said no.  I don't understand that boy sometimes.  either way, we have all the big ticket items bought, we just need a couple more small items to make it look like a pile, which we should be able to finish shopping this Saturday.  Shit, Christmas is right around the corner.  I just want to get there and relax for a couple weeks, without an agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment