Friday, December 7, 2018

12/7/18 I Agree With Sluggo?

    I was on my way to pick up Javalina from school today and was listening to the alternative station on XM Radio.  I believe Sluggo is the name of the DJ, not sure if I spelled it right, but he was saying it was his birthday and it being so close to the holidays, he was half-assing his work, not that his work is hard, he just has to play some music and banter a little.
    I agree though.  Us Americans go balls to the walls year round, meanwhile, we hear about Europe having these "going on holiday" period.  When we were battling Dresden for who would have the newest Fab, 15-18 years ago, we heard a lot about this BS where the Germans get to take two months off in the summer.  How come we don't fight for something equivalent to this?  I understand that the kids get their summer off, hell, I would be happy if we got a month off in July, maybe staggered with our coworkers so we could all be gone, but not at the same time.
    Another great time to be off is during the Christmas holidays, again, the kids get two weeks off, why can't we shut down the bulk of business for 2-3 weeks.  This would be perfect, get a chance to reboot, maybe even make some life changes and try a new job.  I am personally going to be off for two weeks, but that is new for me.  I did it last year, partly out of being pissed at being fucked over on my pay.  I am still feeling like I am walking with a hobble for that BS, but we gotta pick up the pieces and go on.
    Anyways, I personally don't really work on my birthday, specially now that I am alone most of the night, As much as I enjoy Wife making more money nowadays, it came at a huge sacrifice, she had a teacher's schedule, in which she was off for almost two months, and that was great, even if I was working.  I don't know, I guess I am in anticipation of my vacation break coming up, but this surprise month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is sort of weird.  I know we've had period where there were only like two weeks between Turkey break and the Christmas gifts.  This seems rather long.  Oh well, it will be here and gone before we know it, but grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment