Saturday, December 15, 2018

12/15/18 Wife FInally Relaxed, And La Pryor Did Not Implode?

    Wife and I are really the same in that we both don't like to miss work.  I have a good reason, as I get paid by the hour, if I miss a day, I have to burn 12 hours at a time, and because of how the pay breaks down, if I want to keep my paycheck the same, if I were to miss a day on my long weeks, when I work four 12 hour days, I would have to add hours to keep my paycheck the same, it is a mess, so I rarely miss a day.  Wife, on the other hand, works a standard eight hour day, or she should, but usually stays at work until around 6:00pm, when she goes in at 7:20am.  This past week, she spent Monday in La Pryor, then Tuesday though Thursday in San Antonio, which means she comes and stays up here and drives to San Antonio in the mornings.  It is awesome because she is around and we get to see more of her.  After being here all week, she said I have to go back to La Pryor on Friday.  I don't even argue with her anymore, but she does have 10 personal days she can take at anytime, and even though it is already December, she has yet to take a day off.
    Thursday night it finally looked perfect in that I hadn't been called in for OT, and she was home and we were fixing to sit down for dinner like a normal family on a weeknight, which almost never happens.  Then I got the call from my boss, if I wanted to go in and work OT.  He said he had texted me, but the message never went through at 5:00pm.  He was apologizing a lot for the last minute call but I had been expecting it all day just because I saw the volume of work we had to complete last week.  There seemed to be no way to get it all done because we can only run our samples when the other company lets us use their tool during the day.  I have full use at night because they do not have a night shift person.
    She had just said, I am taking Friday off, when they called me in to work Thursday night, and she quickly tried to change her mind, but I think she was actually tired of running back and forth.  I told her it'll be cool, we can go to Lowe's in the morning after we drop off Javalina and have some breakfast.  I don't know why we keep going to Panera Bread.  I like the idea of their pastries and some coffee, Wife ordered a ham and egg sandwich, then sat there confused as to why they only give her half a sandwich, looking at how the bread was cut.  I got mine on a Ciabatta bread and it was much bigger and pretty delicious.  The almond coffee bread was just more icing on the cake.
    We then walked around Lowe's, I was surprised to see the Christmas section already being removed, all X-mas stuff was 50% off and the bins and stuff for spring cleaning were already making their presence known.  Meanwhile, we have yet to put up our tree.  I was even thinking this might be a good time to buy a new tree at half-off, but damn, they are still expensive and worse than that, they looked cheaply made.  We were there awhile though, our washer needs replacing, and we considered getting one, they were having what looked to be a good sale, some of the washers in the $400-500 range looked good enough.  I will no longer buy one with all the bells and whistles, the last one cost me $1200 and lasted half as long as the first one we bought for $300, back in 1996.  We then left, walked around the mall, surprised as anything to see our Sears in the mall fixing to shut its doors.  It seemed sad, it was where we bought all our big appliances, such as our various refrigerators, washers, dryers, and most of my tools and stuff in the garage.  I had been a loyal customer since 1996 and assumed it would always be there.  Oh well, even at sale prices, the washers left looked too pricey.
    Wife walked off, I love looking at watches, so she went off to Victoria's Secret and I tried on a couple of used Rolexes just for fun before catching up with her.  She bought a couple of gifts for her coworkers secret Santa or something and then we left. By then it was 2:00pm, we stopped for lunch at Mod Pizza closer to the house and by the time we finished, this fat boy was ready for bed.  I slept like the dead until 8:30pm or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment