Wednesday, December 19, 2018

12/19/18 Last Minute Work?

    Everyone knows Christmas is next week, why the freak are they acting like it's the end of the world and sending us so much work now?  I feel like we're busier than normal which is good, I guess.  I mean it never leads to a little bonus or even an attaboy, but I guess more work is good.  I have gotten three days of OT out of this, so I am happy about that, it's just that I want to feel like I am completing a workload, like maybe they will stop too, I don't know.  Maybe I am just tired and need some time off.
    As much as I want this to be a restful two weeks, I have a feeling that it is going to be a pain in the ass with the upcoming Quince.  I don't mind attending, but Javalina has to be involved to the point of learning some dance.  We saw a small preview and with just 3-4 couples it looks complicated, and my mom mentioned there are fifteen couples walking with my niece, that just sounds like gridlock on the dance floor with every girl in a big poofy dress.  At least Javalina is almost sounding like he is getting into it.  His cousin said something to him over the phone and now he has made it a competition to show her he can learn everything quicker than everybody or something like that.
    One of our co-workers is gone, for a death in the family.  Another one is gone after today, he has an abundance of vacation days he needs to burn through.  Our manager is dealing with family issues, so he is gone today or tomorrow.  It will just be me and my trainer to look over the kingdom.  I have offered to make myself available to work, if I can get paid my vacation time, like everyone else, and they just let me be creative with filling in the time on my timecard.  For example, if I work on Wednesday but they let me put the time on Sunday night or even Monday night, that would work great for me.  Working a day or two like this could fatten my check, help whoever is stuck working, and give me a breather from being at home with miss bossypants who sometimes thinks I am one of her "bobos" who needs to be lead by the hand and talked to like a little kid.
    This blog sucks but I would rather be home eating ham and cookies than still be working right now.  Two more nights this week, maybe three.

No comments:

Post a Comment