Tuesday, December 25, 2018

12/26/18 A Good Christmas Day?

    As I said yesterday, I was totally out of it last night and missed out on the Santa activities.  Wife eventually gave up on me and left me on the sofa.  Tonight, I was about to take some allergy pills and Wife said that is why you were like you were last night.  I thought allergy pills were meant to function during the day, but these said they were made with whatever is in Benadryl, so they have the ability to make one sleepy.  I took three last night because I am tired of my left nostril running like a broken faucet and always being wet and fixing to run out and onto my mustache.
    We were pretty much dead until about 2:00pm when Boy got home, this prompted Wife to get up and shower.  After she showered, we sat with a snack of summer sausage, cheeses, and crackers to watch The 10th Kingdom, which is a little lame, but Wife likes it and wants Javalina to be familiar with it.  I saw until about 6:00pm, the old roommate Dirty Dog, now Domesticated Dog came over with his GF and younger sister.  I don't think we had seen the sister in a good six years, I wasn't sure who it was at first.  Well, they showed up around 6:30, I had run upstairs at 6:00 to shower.
    Before I went upstairs, I cleaned the grill, set it up, and turned on the fire for our BBQ.  We had bought three New York strips and three ribeyes, along with about 5 chicken breasts, and a bunch of sausages.  I came down, said hi to everybody, it got loud until they all decided they had to learn how to play Dungeons and Dragons, so they headed to the front of the house to play on the pool table.  At this point, I called my mom to wish them a Merry Christmas.  They were busy, so the convo was super short and succinct.
    While we grilled, we caught the last parts of Griswald Christmas vacation which is always fun, then while we ate we caught pieces of A Christmas Story, which we were surprised Boy's GF had never seen, either of them.  We tried explaining somewhat, but she was more interested in the idea of teaching new people D&D, and after eating they all went up to Boy's room.  We sat and saw the pilot to Travelers on Netflix which I had seen at work and thought looked good enough for Wife, she likes that sort of stuff.
    DD, the GF and his sister all left about midnight, he said he had to work in the morning, Boy started gathering leftover BBQ as he works tomorrow as well, and Javalina took some medicine and went to bed as he has been kind of fighting a cold or something all weekend.  We took the last hours to watch TV and try to relax some here together.  Without the allergy pills, I have been awake most of the day, which I am so proud of myself.  It turns out I can be up for more than twelve hours at a time, if I focus on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment