Saturday, December 29, 2018

12/29/18 One Fat Penguin At Your Service?

    I was all set to go buy a suit yesterday afternoon.  Wife had kind of convinced me that renting a tuxedo would run me about $250, and buying a suit would be closer to $400, but at least I would get to keep it.  I mostly look st Men's Wearhouse for our dress up needs and I know they have a tuxedo rental system in the back of their store.  We went through these guys when Boy graduated high school and I bought a real nice suit tailored to my body as did Boy.
    Anyways, the first question I asked was how much is a tuxedo rental vs a tuxedo purchase.  The prices cannot even be compared.  The rental price was $121.31 with taxes and that included a shirt, shoes, socks, vest, tie, and the fancy little buttons, along with the jacket and pants.  If I had chosen to buy, the jacket and pant alone would have been $280 for the cheap entry level variety.
    I am a fat fucker right now.  He took a measurement with a long tape measure around my chest and arms and was in the middle of saying he had never measured anyone over 70 inches and then my measurement was 75 inches.  All the other measurements were equally as jumbo sized.  The biggest surprise for me was the feet.  I had told him I usually go for a 13 wide in my tennis shoes and stuff.  He had a 13 wide test shoe and I couldn't even slip it on with a shoe horn.  I ended up in a 15 wide and that shoe size felt comfortable.
    To make sure I didn't up set anyone in charge, I texted my brother a photo of what I was getting which he said he too was going to just get a basic black.  He even gave me the choice of a cummerbund or a vest and I am not going to fight a cummerbund all night hiding under my gut.  I thought of the vest since the first thing we do at a dance is take off the jacket to breath a little better.  To match the court, I got my tie in the champagne color, to match Javalina in his tie and vest.
    It was very easy, all the measurements were taken in house, they only wanted $20 down and pay the remaining $101 when we pick it up, two days before, just to double check it if we need to send something back and get a better fit.  The only thing we need to do now is get Boy to come and try on  the same style tux in his size.  He was busy playing Dungeons and Dragons tonight, but said he would be available on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment