Monday, December 24, 2018

12/23/18 Last Minute Shopping?

    I am now a day behind in writing, so bear with me.  We spent the day Krull-style, chasing the sun for six hours, thanks to Wife, there is no way I would have tried that in my present state of perpetual tiredness.  We were able to go and not worry about any last minute shopping thanks mostly to the fact that our list for gift giving is rather short this year, thanks to my niece's Quince, my sister proclaimed we should maybe only give gifts to the kids, and I agreed with her, as that sounded like a good way to save a buck.
    We took care of most of my nephews with one visit to Target.  In comparison to last year, I remember we charged something like $1200 during the Christmas rush.  This year, Wife said it came out to around $550.  This was very good as we took care of most of the "toy" gifts for the younger kids.  There were video games, sharks, pajamas, even knives, and all the other goodies Target is perfect for.
    Saturday morning was interesting in that the four of us managed to go out together as a family.  Wife had an appointment to meet the lady who gives her child sized blankets from a program that has been doing this since she worked for Bastrop.  We exchanged pleasantries with her, she is always excited and happy to see Wife.  After this 5 minute exchange we were headed randomly west on 71 and were going to eat at Jim's, but we drove by another Mexican restaurant we had never eaten at, and decided to try there.  The biscuits on the waitresses were yummier than the food, but it was alright.  I determined it must have been a family restaurant as the girls had a certain similarity.  Surprisingly, my stomach decided to behave itself, so Wife suggested we head on over to the Dillard's in Bee Caves to get my Mom a gift.  As much as my ass of a brother likes to say I would get my mom's gift at Wal-mart, no.  For certain people, I feel compelled to stick to certain stores and my mom is Dillard's or nicer, exactly because my brother likes to cut in and insult my every move.
    We came home after Dillard's, I hadn't even showered and we spent a long time relaxing, and waiting.  Girlie called and said we would be getting a delivery, if we were going to be home.  It came later than we thought, but she got us cookies and brownies from a delivery place that managed to deliver them warm.  They were delicious and so soft they were breaking apart just picking them up.
    After the cookies, it was still only 6:0pm, so we headed out to Academy and bought a couple more gifts, a simple one being good quality socks for Boy.  For some reason, we buy them packs of socks and they both get down to 2-3 pairs in a matter of months.  Boy was down to 2 pairs but after I have been wearing this thick wool socks which I have fallen in love with, I want Boy to have some of these.  He wears shoes and is on his feet all day, I figure he can appreciate some thick wool socks.  We ended the day by picking up snack stuff at Central Market and then Javalina suggested Whataburger for dinner.
    Oh yeah, coolest thing I saw all day.  At Dillard's, in the James Avery display case, one of the charms one can buy is a tiny Whataburger soda cup charm, trimmed with a W and the orange color that goes with Whataburger.  I thought this was totally awesome and totally Texas.


Image result for whataburger james avery charm cup

No comments:

Post a Comment