Thursday, December 6, 2018

12/6/18 Did I Ruin Christmas?

    I am not really ready to say it is my fault, but our house seems to have no Christmas magic in it.  Wife says I blew it by telling Javalina last year "umm, you know all about the Santa thing, right?  Why you two knuckleheads always seem to get a bunch of stuff when your friends don't?"  I didn't outright say the magic words, but I implied the hell out of it.  Sorry, but I don't want my freaking kid to be that derpy boy telling the other kids that he has to go to bed early or Santa will miss our house.
    Add to that, Wife is all stressed out and doesn't want us giving out gifts unless the people really deserve it, or some such shit.  I wouldn't dare tell her "no, don't give gifts to so and so.  It's the holidays, whatever.  We're also trying to get my family to do like hers, where the adults choose a name and then we only give to one adult plus the kids.  It's a little Scrooged, but we are also spending a small fortune on this Quinceanera for our niece in January.  I already dug deep for mariachis, and then we got hit up for a "surprise gift", Boy did, but we are helping him since he has no idea.  I loved the idea of a pink fishing pole and some light tackle.  Since it is church related, we can attach a little psalm or whatever about give a man/woman a fish and you feed him for a day, but teach him/her to fish and that person is fed for life.  How perfect is that, specially for a "princess" who has everything already?
    I guess I can break the lack of Christmas magic by going out of my way and decorating the house on Friday night.  Wife is supposed to head out to Dallas tonight, and she won't be back until Saturday, so that should give me some alone time to do some work.  The biggest thing to do is decorate the stairs in the front of the house with lights, garland, and assorted giant decorations.  We had a couple trees last year, but the green one was on its last legs, I think this is the last year for my white tree.  I had bought a separate tree to put all my "pervy" decorations, but nobody really comes around anymore, no sense doing all the extra work of doing two trees.  Add to that, it should be raining hard come the weekend, so we won't be going anywhere in a hurry, it might just get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment