Thursday, December 20, 2018

12/20/18 Javalina's Last School Day Before Christmas Break?

    Everyone has jumped my shit, "don't forget to pick up Javalina at 1:15pm from Gattitown at Southpark Meadows."  I know I am home, but jeez, I am not there playing Mario Bros., I work nights and I am asleep, jerks.  If I asked you to get up at 2:00am in the morning, you wouldn't just say no problem, it would take some effort.  This is where I wish I could count on Boy to help out, but of course, he is busy working up a storm at his internship.
    Just when I want to get mad at that Boy for frustrating me with his BS, he goes and buys me some burgers from McDonald's (forgets to put them in the fridge, but still).  That was nice, but I am unsure how long they sat on the counter before I got home at 1:30am to eat them.  My stomach got messed up, so he might have given me a bit of food poisoning, if they sat there from 7:00pm.  The thought was still much appreciated.  He has been off since last week and I am a bit jelly that he gets to hang out and stay up late while we have to continue being good.
    Javalina starts his Christmas break at 1:15pm, so at least for two weeks I won't have to run him back and forth.  I am taking two weeks off and tonight should be my last night, unless they want to pay me OT.  Wife comes in tomorrow and she too will be off for two weeks, so it is setting up to be a great two weeks, if we could just get some real cold weather brewing for next week.  I freaking hate when it is 80 degrees and it is Christmas morning.  If I have to turn on the A/C, I'm gonna be pissed,
    We have a couple more gifts to get, probably, and then we can focus on some food.  I want ham, I don't know why, and I love the idea of eggnog, but I can't really drink it, it goes down like a soup, it is so thick.
    Work used to be great at this time of year, back when I first started.  We had a lot more people, and a lot of the ladies would bring cookies and cakes and all sorts of goodies.  These days, a couple of people do, but it's not a "spread" like back in the day.  Oh well, the good old days always sound better in retrospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment