Sunday, December 23, 2018

12/22/18 My Three Roommates Are Pretty Great?

    I meant to write this yesterday, but I got distracted by the load of bills and then Wife had plans for us to go meet the lady who gives her the little blankets which she disperses to "needy" kids at her school.  I had gotten up at 4:00am and tried to write and do everything and instead, I ate some junk food, fell asleep on the chair, and finally said screw it and went back to bed.  Back to the title though...
    I was just thinking of what to write about and I was thinking about what my boys had done in the last few days and it just hit me.  My two boys are pretty awesome.  My brother used to do this warning when he first became a lawyer, just wait until your son is a teenager, he'll do something stupid and you'll be glad you have a lawyer at hand.  He was already jaded by working every day with troublemakers, it has become his world.  We could argue that the people he deals with are not all bad, should marijuana even be considered a drug?  All that goes out the window because even with the gradual changes in a freer marijuana community as more and more states make it free, here it is still a jail worthy offense.
    Back to my boys, though.  Boy is now 24, never made that big mistake of hanging out with troublemakers, and better yet, he doesn't really like going out to party.  This Friday, again, when people are out getting drunk, he is here at the house playing what I could best assume was a  version of Dungeons and Dragons around the pool table which they use as their platform.  It's a good handful of "nerdy" guys and gals and it all sounds like good clean fun.  He is also still at school and he is finally sounding like he is closed to finishing, saying he is down to this spring semester and then one more next fall.
    I can say the same about Javalina.  He was finally off from school on Friday and after noticing we hadn't put up the new Christmas tree, Big boy volunteered all by himself.  He came into bedroom and wanted me to look and help him a little bit.  It has both clear and colored lights and the colored lights had weird plugs he couldn't figure out.  We keep joking around with Boy that he should think about taking us out to dinner as his gift to us, and he is hemming and hawing trying to get out of it, but Javalina shows us his wallet with his WAM, walk around money, and he is up to $182 and he says I want to take us out to eat at Outback Steakhouse.  We were both impressed because this is just money he has rounded up since his birthday.  He has another wallet we keep for him with his "Florida vacation" money, so the boy knows how to save a buck.
    Then of course, I have Wife as my third roommate.  She comes in like a wrecking ball of energy when she shows up.  This week, she was gone all week, since Sunday and when she is back, the whole house feels it.  "Move, I need to check if the stuff I ordered has all been delivered online, after she gets the washing machine going, and she is looking at me and Javalina because we aren't ready to go and she is hungry.  We need that energy to move us, otherwise, we would just sleep all day, not thinking on our own as to what is next to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment