Monday, December 10, 2018

12/10/18 Half-Ass Recruiting Javalina To Play Football?

    After enjoying a very lazy Saturday, my mom called about 10:30pm at night to say that some lady had just texted her and if her grandson, Javalina, would be interested in playing football with a team out of San Marcos.  We called him and he mosey-ed on over to our bedroom,  I had been folding clothes and Wife was in the middle of doing something or other in the bathroom but when we asked him, he promptly said "hell yeah!  I mean I am a little rusty but  I could do it."  I then asked my mom how much, and said she would just get the lady's number and we could call her directly.  I got excited at the thought of more football games and this time they be on the weekend when we could all go as a family.  When we talked to the lady though, we quickly lost our excitement.  She said they were in the middle of a tournament in Midland and they had another tournament scheduled for next week and one more for the last week in December.
    I tried getting Wife to ask her how many games they play on a given weekend per tournament, but she really didn't answer the question.  She also said there were only the two tournaments left but she was busy looking for more places they could join and go play.  She said they had gone as far south as McAllen, close to Brownsville and currently they were in Midland which is way out in West Texas.  That is a lot of ground to cover.  The next question was a bummer, "we asked her how often they practice, she said they kids have been playing together so long, they don't really practice much, maybe once a week.  That doesn't sound inviting for our son.  She said this was the last bit of play they were going to have as a team, as next year they all go to high school.
    So why invite my kid for basically two weekends of games left?  I think they lost a key player or two on their line and saw my boy on my mom's FB and that is great, but come on.  They wanted $120 for the jersey and pants, but it takes a couple weeks to get them, they come from Pakistan.  The season is over in a couple weeks, dodos.  Then they would like for us to buy him a helmet and shoulder pads, which again, if it was a full season, I might even go shopping for an RV to drive to the games, but for two games, shit, helmets run $200-300 and good shoulder pads are around $200.  Again, for two weekends?  BOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment