Tuesday, December 25, 2018

12/25/18 Mom Was Right, Christmas Needs Young Blood?

    I cannot complain, Christmas was exactly what we planned and wanted it to be.  We were home, we stopped and got all the snacks and junk food and even steaks to grill so we could sit at home with no rush or worry.  Christmas Eve came though and we were so organized and we limited who we were giving gifts to that there was nothing Christmas-y to do.  To top it off, Boy said he was going to go spend time with his GF and the little shit has been gone almost 24 hours.  Normally, I would complain, but we did take his GF on Thanksgiving and we can't not be equal or whatever.
    Wife wanted to rest after coming in from work Friday after driving her 3 hour drive, spending Saturday shopping here and there, and then the six hours on the road for the 10 minutes of practice my son got for that big upcoming dance.  We were in bed, well she was in bed for over twelve hours.  I woke up at 6:00am, wrote a couple of blogs yesterday, drank coffee and ate all sorts of sweets and breads, then retreated back to bed at 9:30am.  We slept until after noon, woke, had a quickie, showered, and celebrated by eating at Taco Bell.  It was kind of funny, the young 20-something kid working the register was all hyped up, he was going to get off in two hours and go and propose to his GF.  I just ordered and went and got my drink and sat down, but Wife kept talking with him for a few minutes.  I thought about giving him advice, but then decided nah.
    Getting back home, I ran to the bathroom as Taco Bell will make you do, and showered.  That was about all I remember.  I laid down to take a nap at 6:30pm or so, got up at 8:30pm, came down, Wife had the ham just about ready to take out of the oven and we sat and watched the start of some Christmas movie.  I hate to admit that after finishing those delicious sandwiches of fat ham and cheese on white bread and a touch of mayo, I just went over sideways and was done for the evening.
    I woke up around 4:00am, alone on the sofa, Santa had already laid out the gifts for the boys, as I got up confused at how time had flown by so fast.  I got up, intent on writing this at 5:00am and getting it out of the way, but I couldn't focus on the keyboard.  I just sat in front of the computer and saw road crashes and people fighting over it for about an hour before watching a couple of people I follow.  I finally went to bed at 9:30am and slept until 11:30am.  I got up to eat a ham sandwich as they were delicious and while I was responding to various Merry Christmas good mornings, Boy and the GF showed up.  This prompted Wife to come down, Javalina came down and the boys opened their Santa gifts.  I eventually got my sandwich and here I am at 2:00pm.  Wife is taking a shower, she told me to cut some summer sausage and cheese to eat with crackers and whatever other snacks while we watch some Christmas movie.
    We are supposed to get the grill going later.  Since the weather is shitty Texas weather and we are going to be in the 70s, we figured we might as well grill some steaks, chicken and sausages with some potatoes, yee-haw to you too.  But seriously, Merry Christmas, love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment