Wednesday, December 12, 2018

12/12/18 An Accidental I Love You?

    This one is just kind of harmless and cute.  We go and eat at Bill Miller about once a week after school.  Both Javalina and I pretty much always order the tenders and fries.  He gets a sweet tea and I get a Big Red or lately a Diet Pepsi.  It is usually the same girl working the counter, so she about knows our routine and some days she even gets a little into our conversations, even though I haven't picked up her name.
    Today, Wife joined us and we leave Wife at the counter while we get the biscuits from the little island, along with ketchup, butter, napkins, and knives, to spread the butter.  If Wife goes for tacos, we get some salsa, whatever we need.  We sat there and joked around for awhile, it was nice, I really wish she would get a job back here, so she could be around more often, but anyways.  She brought up going to HEB to get some groceries or Target, and I said nope.  I like going back home, showering, taking care of business in the bathroom and squeezing in a nap before I head to work.
    Before we head out, we usually get a refill, no big deal, we just line up near the check out counter and usually the same girl that takes our orders gives us our refills.  Javalina crowded the counter and I'm standing behind him so we don't take up all the space.  He says something snarky like "get your drink old man" and I said "well, I'm waiting for you to move that big butt, you take up a lot of space."  Wife was then excusing us to the girl for arguing kind of jokingly, then Javalina does what he does at home, turns to the girl and says "thanks for lunch, I love you!"
    He had walked around Wife and I, he didn't mean it, it's something he says at the house after he eats, mostly to get out of washing his dishes, but then he runs up to his room.  After it came out, I was like "did I hear that right?"  Then he was fumbling, I meant "I love you, mom!"  He walked out completely embarrassed saying "well, we aren't coming here for at least a month."  I said, "nah, it was cute, she doesn't care, it was a little funny."  He kept mumbling all the way home, as we had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment