Friday, November 30, 2018

11/30/18 Javalina Got Himself In Some Trouble?

    I know my little animal needs an outlet for all this extra energy he carries.  Football was perfect for him to hit some people and come home in a more relaxed state.  I really need to get him in that boxing class, it's just lining up and remembering to take him over after school.
    Yesterday, I picked him up and asked him the usual, which he was quick to say he had a good day and everything went ok, but he had something to tell me if I promised not to mention it to mom.  I said I can't do that, as much as I am on your side and here for you, Mom and I are a team, I have to tell her.  He sat there and stewed, I knew he wanted to tell me, but we all know how mama goes off the edge in a snap.  I told him it would be a lot wiser for him to speak up "as a man" and inform us of what happened, if you wait and we get a call from a teacher or the principal, it will be that much worse, as it will be you being cowardly and your mom and I getting caught blindly and not knowing what to say.
    That was enough to get the boy talking, he said he hit a kid on the nose and got blood all over the place, my immediate reaction was "what?!"  He immediately said "no, let me explain."  He then went on with "we found a piece of PVC pipe out on the lawn and a friend and I were playing like tug of war and holding on and spinning while holding on to the tube."  All I could say was mmm-hmmm, go on.... "well, this kid came out of nowhere and before we knew it, we spun into him and we hit him in the face and I guess his nose started bleeding."  Right at that moment, the principal was coming out and my other friend ran and I was left holding the pipe and I quickly apologized to the kid, who he says he knows and is one of his kind of friends.  He said the principal saw that it wasn't on purpose and that we were playing around, but they still wanted to talk to me, so they said to come back in the morning.
    My immediate reaction was "why did that kid walk into y'all's space?  If you see two idiots spinning around and I know it was more like you were spinning Luis around, he weighs half what you weigh, why would the other kid walk into that?"  He said they were on the upper level of this little hill thing, so it takes some effort to get up there, unless you are coming from the inside, as it leads out from the cafeteria there.  This boy starts getting hyper around me I move away, he is thick and takes up space, I don't need his arms flailing and hitting me, much less if he is actually trying to spin on purpose, that kid must have not been paying attention.  Wife acted as we expected, "you are grounded, no phone, no video games, this family could sue us, the school could suspend you, why was there a piece of pipe laying around, is the school liable?  We had her on speaker and I had to walk away and decided to brush my teeth to come in to work.
    He apologized as quickly as it happened, the principal saw and she knows it was not on purpose that the kid got hit.  Yes, you could say he should know better as Wife said, but he is also only 13 and still an idiot child when it comes to restraint.  He has this need to constantly prove he is the strongest kid around, so the spinning while holding onto the pipe seems normal to me, kind of like a tug of war on a rope.
    I will be going in first thing in the morning, here in a couple hours actually when I drop him off at 8:00am to see what they needed to see him for in the morning.  I can only hope he gets a talking to as a warning and be done with it.  He has always been a good kid, never been in trouble so we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment