Wednesday, November 21, 2018

11/22/18 Conner Lives?

    Today was a lazy day, make no mistake about it.  we were going to go to the gun range but I woke up with a huge headache and wanted nothing to do with a bunch of loud banging noises.  Wife asked if I wanted to go with her to get some pies for our two stops tomorrow.  Not having anything better to do, I said sure.  We got showered and dressed and out we headed.  After grabbing a piece of gum and settling in my seat, I could not believe what I saw.  Conner, in his mangled form still lives.  I know him, he is deformed and can hardly stand straight but even a cone in his shape can only be pushed too far.  Look in the grass and Mr. Drummond is sitting there a mess half his width, no longer with his glorious girth, just some stripes looking like a frog that has felt the weight of a car once or twice.
    Even if Conner walks slightly sideways, I am happy he was able to settle the score with Mr. Drummond, but oh what have they sunk to now?  It doesn't look like they are part of any team now.  They are homeless cones, they kind that get left behind and start decomposing.  I hope for their own good that at least Conner and Connie can be salvaged by a road crew after that guard rail is fixed.  Drummond is too far gone, I don't think that even all the king's horses and all the king's men can put Mr. Drummond together again.





After watching this, I would say my day turned a little brighter than it was.  We bought some pies to share with my in-laws and some pies to share with my folks.  I don't know what else we are supposed to bring, but better something than nothing.  This was followed by eating a pizza at Mod Pizza which I really like and for some reason, Javalina always says no to, but he likes it after the fact.  A quick stop at HEB and back to the house for us.  It seemed like we could have sat to enjoy the rest of the night, but Wife still had energy to burn so we headed to Sam's and walked around, then headed to Half Price Books where like an addict, one book is too many and ten books is never enough.  I bought another Henry Miller novel which I will try to start reading tonight.
    We then sat and watched Pulp Fiction with Javalina and he was quite impressed with it, other than not liking how Vincent was killed, unable to defend himself.  My big Tom Turkey turns 14 tomorrow, it is actually after midnight, we already sang to him here, but we'll do better tomorrow with both families being around eventually.  Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment