Wednesday, November 7, 2018

11/7/18 Politician In The Family?

    Here is a new wrinkle to the old family layout.  My brother in law decided to run for school board council and he won a seat last night.  I don't know much, if any, of the responsibilities of the school board, and still it seems like a pain in the ass job to take on voluntarily.  I do know that "it took a village" to get him the win, as my folks have been going door to door and sitting at various functions basically selling him and making him seem like a good choice.  I thought it was funny that on the election day, they send out a picture and my dad and younger brother are both sitting there, like waiting to shake hands and kiss babies for votes, fully knowing that those two are Sour Patch Kids who would rather be hiding at home or anywhere else.
    To me, the job is thankless, you can do and do for people and the very first time you make an unpopular decision, the same a-holes who would pat you on the back for getting their kids free lunch would also threaten to scratch your car if you don't vote against the enforced dress code or whatever.  People can be so fickle, sometimes.  I am running short on time here at work, let me continue at home.
    The whole voting process was new to me, I hadn't paid attention before.  For this election, there were three seats up for renewals.  I thought you would only compete in whatever part of town those representatives were from, but I guess that is not how it works.  From the sheet that I saw there were five people running for the three seats.  I don't know if the results  were indeed true, but if they are, I hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment